1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Page rank from 5 to 0

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by RDesign, Jul 27, 2008.

1. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes please do tell now that you have peoples interest.

lpstong, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  2. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    The site is in my signature.

The one on the Breast Cancer Scandal.

Domain was registered I think May 17. I started developing the site sometime in early June. Content was written for a few weeks leading up to the actual launch date and then the SEO began.

Cbrooker, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  3. supercops

supercops Peon

Best Answers:
    If you get PR5 from pr0 that means you have got the largest jump in PR'S which is incredeble.

supercops, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  4. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't go to PR0 to PR5, I went from N/A to PR4.

I had the reverse happen as what the OP had indicated, going from an apparent 5 to 0.

All I know is that I've read, read, and read on SEO, have put alot of the things into practice that I have read, have never purchased a backlink and have learned so much in the time that I have started. The system that I am following is apparently working. Onther site that I had for some time but neve really promoted also went from PR N/A to PR4. Same techniques were applied to that one as well. Also listed in my signature (Age Related Macular Degeneration).

Cbrooker, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  5. metnic

metnic Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Checkpagerank dot net is so responsive than other because you can see also the forged status of domain and valid again after it or no waiting for next google update...
    If prchecker dot info, you will never find the forged status as a domain pagerank in dying...
    for domainpagerank, it's only back up the data for the first time of google update... and you will never find the domain valid again after they detect a forged status until next update...

metnic, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  6. Hos_000

Hos_000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was PageRank 2 now I'm 0

Hos_000, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  7. squat

squat Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a page on my site that was ranked at 3 now it's a 2, my main page went from 2 to 1. I'm kinda bummed but it's a hell of a lot better than going from 5 to 0. That seems unlikely - I'd have to agree with others here that the 5 showing was a fluke.

squat, Jul 27, 2008 IP
  8. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that the update has not yet been completed so there are still some things happening. There's no doubt that this time around Google has definitely mixed things up.

Cbrooker, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  9. abercrombie

abercrombie Peon

Best Answers:
    Cbrooker, congrats on achieving your PR ranks but i think that's more of a testament to your SEO skill set rather than the traditional methods of moving up the page ranks.

abercrombie, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  10. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the kind word! :) I didn't think I had any SEO skill, but I did take an interest in this area and have read many articles, books, blogs. All I can say is if you want to succeed, you have to read, read, read, and truly ask questions for those who have been around for some time and stick the basics. Follow the rules as established by the large search engines and it does seem to work.

The biggest thing that I have found working for me is writing unique content and keeping the fresh content coming on a regular basis.

For example, one of the blogs that I've actively promoted, I hadn't written anything for about 8 - 10 days. I noticed that the Google Bot and other search engine crawlers weren't coming around as often. I have since written and published several articles, and used the features of the software that I purchased to keep the articles coming for the next few weeks. Now almost nightly the bots are crawling and indexing.

There are a few ideas that I have as well in how I can see improving some of the things that I've read about, maybe it's just my IT background asking stupid questions about why certain things are done one way, when it would make more sense doing it another way. I'm experimenting with a new blog to see how these things work out! :)

I love the world of SEO!

abercrombie likes this.
  11. Jackie_W

Jackie_W Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you realise it's against google's tos to use 3rd party pr checkers?

Jackie_W, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  12. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:

Where does it say this in their TOS?

13. Jackie_W

Jackie_W Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35769#quality

to quote :

Don't use unauthorized computer programs to submit pages, check rankings, etc. Such programs consume computing resources and violate our Terms of Service. Google does not recommend the use of products such as WebPosition Goldâ„¢ that send automatic or programmatic queries to Google.

Jackie_W, Jul 28, 2008 IP
    Cbrooker likes this.
  14. Ben-AceofTech

Ben-AceofTech Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've found that sometimes the Google Toolbar will show the PR from the last site you've visited instead of the one your at.

And to be sure, try www.iwebtool.com and if more than half show any number, thats what PR you have.

Ben-AceofTech, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  15. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    @ Jackie W ... thanks for the tip on the google pagerank checker ... wasn't aware of that. Rep added!!!

16. abercrombie

abercrombie Peon

Best Answers:
    i remember reading in SEO Quake that they have options of disabling some features so you'll have less likelihood of being banned. i thought that was pretty odd.

abercrombie, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  17. baokychen

baokychen Banned

Best Answers:
    its a toolbar failure , try refresh ur page and it will get the new PR

i think u had a PR5 site on the tabs when u are navigating around.

baokychen, Jul 28, 2008 IP