1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Page Impressions? Same IP? U R Banned..............

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Shez, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    QUESTION: I run a forum based site and i am on it daily interacting with my forum members....just wondering if i am NEVER allowed to click on ads or whut?
    SEMrush
    ANSWER: ABSOLUTELY NOT !!! Neverr, never, never click on an ad on your site.

Smyrl, Mar 26, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. lancer

lancer Peon

Best Answers:
    noted

thnx!

lancer, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  3. joshril

joshril Guest

Best Answers:
    Yep... clicking on your own ads would be very bad. It's ok to visit your own site, in fact most webmasters do, but clicking your own ads will get you banned and is a direct violation of the AS TOS.

joshril, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  4. nriweb

nriweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    whats the point of having this thread ? each one of us start reading this threading thinking that someone has been banned for just page impressions .. !! But after wasting some time reading all the messages discover its just pure BS .. i wud request that this thread be deleted .. or we will soon have 10 more pages of members telling others how and why webmasters visit their own site ... its obvious ... :)

nriweb, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  5. joshril

joshril Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree... this thread should be over!

joshril, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  6. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    can i suggest then that people stop posting to it. lol

wendydettmer, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  7. anusha

anusha Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey!
    Many page impressions from the same ip address (where u access ur adsense account) can get ur account a permanent ban. One of my friend created 10k+ page impressions/day using auto refresh pages. He says he did this to make sure his CTR was well in control and effective CPM is not >100. He wud have been probably playing with keywords that pay more than $7/click.. So, say he probably got 100, $7 clicks from his 200 page impressions.... His effective CTR would be 50% and effective CPM wud be $3500!!! So ... having 10,000 page impression wude reduce CTR and thus make the effective CPM as $70 ...

Anusha

anusha, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  8. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Found this posted on another forum:

Homer, Mar 27, 2005 IP
  9. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    Yes that could be true; also as we know the placement of ads on adwords is determined by both its maximum bid price and its CTR. Now what can happen is that some one say Mr X may affect the placement of someone else ads (may be competitors) by stopping their own ad campaig temporarily, and then searching for terms on which their competitors are bidding, however not clicking the ads. By continuous searching for the key words that are on bid, the CTR of the competition would start falling, and then the competitors might be forced to need to raise their bid prices to keep their ad position. Mr X can then start his Adwords campaign, which now has a better CTR than its competitor’s and enjoys better position at a much lower price. So if Google notices high page impressions coming from same IP, they would suspect foul play and hence the inevitable.

NeoGen, Mar 29, 2005 IP
    Homer likes this.
  10. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:

Very clever analasys, webhost. I am now beginning to see how this may represent suspicious activity...untimatley raising a flag. But how can this lead to being banned? Google will still have a large group of accounts that see mainly traffic from the webmaster (1 IP address)? Does this lead to 'you can't view your own sites anymore?'

I will maintain that as long as you're not clicking them it shouldn't result in a ban :confused:

Homer, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  11. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    As we don't know all details and exactly what happened in this case, I would say this might be a possibility. I don't mean this must be the possibility. I will not genarlize what problems impressions might cause.

NeoGen, Mar 29, 2005 IP