1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Page comes up in results even though name removed

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kevs22, Sep 26, 2015.

There are certain images or web page that come up on name/ brand search, and I tell the webmaster that this page is dated and not relevant now and to take my name/brand off. They take my name/brand off, (I let them keep the image or page up), yet still months later, on a names searches the page comes up on Google -- sometimes near end of page 1.

Anyone know why? If I inspect the source code, my name is definitely nowhere on the metadata and code anywhere... Is it because of some archive on Googles end? Is there anything one can do toget the page to not rank anymore? thanks.

kevs22, Sep 26, 2015 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I've removed complete pages and 3 years later been sent legal documents ny the SOB demanding I remove the page from Google's results because they're still there. I love their confidence in me as an SEO. I wouldn't sweat it. If it's a problem just ask them to put a link through to your official site.

sarahk, Sep 26, 2015 IP
  3. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If it is still there, then 2 possible reasons:
    1. Your name/brand is in the anchor text of links pointing to the page and even though its removed from the page, Google still interprets that page as being linked to the name
    2. They simply haven't crawled and reprocessed the page in their database; yes that can take months if the page was not that important in the first place.

Agent000, Sep 26, 2015 IP
  4. kevs22

kevs22 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Agent. I don't think anything points to the pages I'm thinking of. What is the best method to see what is linking to a page currently? I do think these pages get crawled fairly frequently. Is there a way to know when it was last crawled? I have another post asking if it's possible to push/ ask Google to crawl/ update a 3rd party page... is there a way?
    If anyone has other ideas please reply. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    kevs22, Sep 26, 2015 IP
  5. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    PM me the URL

Agent000, Sep 26, 2015 IP
  6. kevs22

kevs22 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks A, no specific thing right now, but It's ok, I think maybe that it... must be external backlinks that happen. Someone had the idea or theory that Google sometimes archives stuff behind the scenes, but you don't think it's that. And you don't think the site in question has an archive. It's not a Google archive or site archive.. or something. It's gotta be what going on live on web correct? Links etc.

kevs22, Sep 27, 2015 IP
  7. kevs22

kevs22 Member

Best Answers:
    Another idea A and others:
    If the website is doing a re-direct with your name/ brand in original page going to the new page, could that then trigger results?

kevs22, Oct 4, 2015 IP