1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Page Cached date

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Lucky Bastard, Jun 15, 2005.

My site is in the top 3 on a very competitive term, and I was wondering why my site is the only 1 in the top 10 that doesn't display the cached date when you do a search on the keyword in question..everyother listing (at least in the top 10 at this time) have a cached date.

My site has a "Cached page" link on it, but no date to the right of it.

Anyone else experiencing this, or have ideas about it?

Lucky Bastard, Jun 15, 2005 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    If you click on the casched link do you see a date in header there? My pages only show a date in SERPs when it is recached.

Is this site an active site? Do you add information to it regularly? Some of my static site appear to be casched only monthly.

The McDar experimental page suggests we might should be watching our casched dates.

Shannon

Smyrl, Jun 15, 2005 IP
  3. Lucky Bastard

Lucky Bastard Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeap it does, 6/10/2005

So it would look to me that the more "static sites" (which I wouldn't call mine any more so than my competitors) they drop the cached date when it gets further in the past. All the other pages in the top 10 have cached dates of the 14th.

Anyhow my sites ranked number 1 now..go figure.

Lucky Bastard, Jun 15, 2005 IP