1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Page Cache Issue

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by dandonovon, Jul 9, 2009.

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this type of problem before.

I have a client website I'm working on that uses the Ektron CMS400.NET content management system (which was implemented/installed by some other company). The problem is this:

When I look at a particular page, say, url.com/sub/dir/ with the Google cache command, I actually see a totally different page, url.com/sub/faq/ for example.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the CMS not working for Google (or SEOMOZ, which was only able to crawl 2 pages of the site) b/c everything displays well within browsers.

Additionally, sometimes the page will index and cache correctly, but then sometimes it doesn't.

Also - the site currently doesn't have an XML sitemap, which is in the works.

If you need additional info to help me trouble shoot, I'll provide what I can without revealing the client - but any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Dan

dandonovon, Jul 9, 2009 IP