1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PA and DA in Link Building

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by jasontn, Dec 2, 2016.

You see these terms everywhere, but what do they mean? Well, page authority (PA) is normally the average value of each page's authority, while domain authority (DA) would measure the authority of the whole website. Note, if you saw PA for a particular page, then, of course, it would be the power of one particular page.

jasontn, Dec 2, 2016 IP
  2. trader4life

trader4life Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah you can use it to measure the value of the link... High PA is good for backlinking I always use MOZ Site Explorer

trader4life, Dec 3, 2016 IP
  3. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    Besides PA/DA look for other factors also when building backlinks like the number of OBL and content quality of the webpage.

degreubiwa, Dec 4, 2016 IP
  4. Peter42

Peter42 Banned

Best Answers:
    pa/da is going more popular after pagerank dead. pa/da is good now for measure any site.

Peter42, Dec 4, 2016 IP
  5. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Seriously? care to explain why is a good measure. NO search engines uses PA and DA to rank sites, so how can it be any good?

Agent000, Dec 4, 2016 IP
  6. Peter42

Peter42 Banned

Best Answers:
    there is no any rule but you can figure out certain pages on your own way. it is not what actually if google caring pa/da or what. but almost top result in google is high pa or da result.

Peter42, Dec 4, 2016 IP
  7. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your word salad makes no sense

Agent000, Dec 4, 2016 IP
  8. jasontn

jasontn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm sure the top ranking sites in Google are all high PA/DA. Nonetheless, there are tons of high PA/DA websites which are not ranking. If there is a load of high PA/DA websites in competition, and there is no room, then what is the next criteria for judging?

jasontn, Dec 4, 2016 IP
  9. ramsharef

ramsharef Peon

Best Answers:
    pa/da are set by moz. even high da sites get penalized. google search could be manually edited sometimes "who knows!!!"
    if you want to evaluate a link . simply do a google search for it or any of its terms . to check its weight :)

ramsharef, Dec 8, 2016 IP
  10. DarioPV

DarioPV Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    PA/DA is what MOZ thinks that Google thinks about a domain/site, if this makes any sense. I think I read somewhere that the correlation DA has with Google's ranking is somewhere around 0.35 while ahref's Domain rating had like 0.39 I think.

In the end it's probably the best to look at a few different metrics at the same time. DA/PA or (Domain/site rating for the ones using ahrefs), then I would also check organic traffic. If both metrics are decent then the site is most likely pretty good. Lastly, to be completely sure, checking organic keywords to see how the site ranks for the keywords you are interested in.

Checking keywords can also quickly reveal if the site spams inappropriate and questionable content.

DarioPV, Dec 9, 2016 IP
  11. jasontn

jasontn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Google is so tough I often think it's a lost cause. Of course, we all should be brave and fight, but when is it a hopeless? :(

jasontn, Dec 9, 2016 IP