1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Oxyclassifieds Script Owners

Discussion in 'General Business' started by cosmicx, Mar 25, 2012.

1. oceanwebtech

oceanwebtech Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    To customized and add feature in other platform you have to know the specific script or knowledge and some logics only, to customized the oxy, you have to know oxy first but being known to oxy, what you can do is , can play with their features, can change the templates, can make a new template. but to add features in oxyclassifieds, you have to know {smarty, PHP, ioncube decoding and encoding, and have to read all the code line by line as their is too many loop}. off course its harder to get extra feature because George is always busy. even they do not reply to solve few bugs of his own.

as you are promoting this script on behalf of George can you explain me, what is problem with annonceaumax it is not showing google image cache I am getting harder to find the exact problem

oceanwebtech, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  2. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I hear what you are saying, but why would I want to pay 29 euros/yr to see nothing....
    next month will be one year since he has come out with anything new...He should
    come out with something at least once per month to at least show that he is doing
    something or to show that he is constantly adding new features/bug fixes, and so on....
    a user support forum would be a big plus also....I am starting to think OXY is not his
    main gig, more like a part time project or something...it just does not seem like
    he is not that much involved with Oxy anymore, and that is always a concern when
    the coder/dev does not appear that active with his own script. I think he should setup
    a forum, and allow other people to develop addons like classipress does; I am not
    all that interested in a WP classifieds, but as you can see their forum is very active....

dscurlock, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  3. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    and that is exactly why he should setup a community forum where everyone can
    come together to provide their support for templates/coding/features, etc....
    and allow 3rd parties to create features or whatever via addon's....

If I were to need something done, and he is pretty much the only one that can
    do it, and he is not available, then what? I would be going no-where, then I
    would have a script only a select few may even understand; at least if there
    was a community forum, then I could seek help or hire someone on the forum
    that would know oxy well enough to do whatever magic is needed....

the cost of his script does not concern me that much; My fear is getting
    the script, then being left in the dark with no updates for an entire year ie:
    no bug fixes, no improvements, very little help, no where to go, etc....

dscurlock, Apr 15, 2013 IP
  4. Classifieds Developer

Classifieds Developer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1. That's correct!!! That's what I said: To customize/redesign Oxyclassifieds in the correct way first you must know the script + PHP/MySql, Smarty, HTML, CSS, Javascript, etc. It is the same for cooking a cake, you must know what you are doing.

2. I'm not promoting the script, I just answered the dscurlock question: "Which classifieds script do you think is better?" My answer was: Oxyclassifieds and I gave my reasons.

Classifieds Developer, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  5. Classifieds Developer

Best Answers:
    1. That is true!!! Almost a year and he has not released an update yet. And some of my customers say he has not replied their support tickets for quiet long. But even that Oxyclassifieds still is my number one choice to built a professional classifieds website.
    2. He can do many things to improve the support, but he doesn't and this is the way he has been online for more than 6 years, but as I said once the script its properly installed and configured you will no need support, right now Oxyclassifieds (v7.08) has only minor bugs (pagination, locations filter and couple more), the major bugs were fixed on the last update.
    3. Its hard to find "Great Support", the support on the majority of the scripts companies its pretty similar, I can say that flynax and geodesicsolutions provide better support but their scripts are way more expensive. I'm still thinking 179 euros its very good price for an script like Oxyclassifieds, monetizing only with AdSense you can get that money back pretty soon.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  6. Classifieds Developer

Best Answers:
    I've been working with Oxyclassifieds since v5.0 and up to v7.08 and I know it very well, you can hire me whenever you'll need help, but as I said, you will not need it as long as you properly installed and configure it or if you really need modifications.
    https://www.freelancer.com/u/oxyspecialized.html

dscurlock likes this.
  7. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    I agree, GeoDesic has good support, very expensive, and their script is very complex.
    As an end user I did not find it very user friendly; I felt that it was more coder friendly,
    and when I wanted to sell it, they told me that I could not, so i just dumped it....
    I would not recommend GeoDesicSolutions for the normal end user, but I would
    recommend them if you are a coder, as i feel their script is more coder friendly....

dscurlock, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  8. giorgioarmani

giorgioarmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Oxy is without a doubt one of the most robust classified scripts out there.

giorgioarmani, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  9. Dead Man

Dead Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oxy is best, but as well as support is concerned, always sucks.......any one knows about the new update????? Or he closed his business???????

Dead Man, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  10. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    He replied to a support ticket the other day...
    So I do not think his business is closed, however,
    he surely does not update that often or often enough
    to make me think he is really active in improving his script.

If you ask me, I just get the feeling he is just selling the
    script, and puts as little as possible in support/updates....

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
    dscurlock, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  11. giorgioarmani

Best Answers:

What do you want updating for? The script works fine!

Scripts like VB or WP that update every few weeks are a nightmare to sustain...

12. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    There is always something that can fixed/improved/made even better, etc...

VB went overboard, and I stopped using them....

WP is a free blog script and they update every few weeks
    compared to OXY which is paid, and rarely updates at all....

and when you do not update in a year or continue to improve
    what you sell (to make even better), then it just seems you have abandoned your project....

13. giorgioarmani

Best Answers:

I hear the same "complaints" towards a number of classified script's, over and over again. OXY is no different. But improving is different to updating!

Improving is something that each user can do themselves. Understood as customization. If you want a feature, develop it or pay someone to develop it - There are many good coders out there. If you want a new look, same thing.

Updating I understand as solving security issues, bugs and other highly faulty issues - this I would definitely expect after having paid for the script. But we did not buy a lifetime membership or pay monthly/yearly and thus would entitle us to all future developments and changes in the industry.

14. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    I know what you are saying, but I think people feel more at ease when they see
    that development is still active, support, updates, etc...

15. Classifieds Developer

Best Answers:
    I'm 1000% agree!
    If we hire someone to write from scratch an script like Oxyclassifieds, we can be charged easily no less than 20 times its price and at the end we will be on the same situation: No support! We'll need to find someone to update it, fix bugs, etc. and that will cost money.
    Personally I think 179 euros its a fair price for the script, if we get support and updates after purchasing it we can consider it as an extra.
    Yes! you can say: But George its selling it with 6 months support included!
    Yes, that its true! But if we look around and compare the prices of similar scripts with better support we will find that are way more expensive and has not the same features, so we can consider the "updates" (if we get any) as our support.
    I'm agree with giorgioarmani: If you need to modify/customize it you can do it yourself or pay someone to do it, but that can not be consider as "support".
    After 3 years working with Oxyclassifieds script I've found that: update it once a year its more than enough.
    Also I perfectly understand dscurlock, it would be great if George would update it more often and continue developing, and open a forum and do something to help his customers, but those things cost money, so in order to do that he would need to raise the price, but then it will be harder to sell it.
    So what now?
    If we have sites based on Oxyclassifieds I've found that the best way to maintain the site its as follows:
    1. Purchase the script.
    2. Install it, configure it and if you know how to do it or want to expend extra money: customize/redesign it.
    3. Promote the site, monetize it.
    4. Update it once a year if you really need it, otherwise keep it as it is the longer as possible.
    5. keep your fingers cross and pray so George still on business and keep developing, otherwise make sure you'll have more than 29 euros to pay someone else to update/upgrade it, alternatively you can hire someone to write a new script for you or look for another pre-made script and get ready to face the same problems allover again.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
    Classifieds Developer, Apr 21, 2013 IP
  16. giorgioarmani

Best Answers:
    @ClassifiedsDeveloper excellent comments!

You are right, there is also a lot a lot of talk of a community for support. Not just for Oxy but many other scripts. But again, this is not a must for a developer, and usually can be very time consuming. Although, yes it would be great. One of the best things of VB is (was?) all the many communities that supported the script.

See my signature, there you have a specific community for classifieds ads websites developers and webmaster - and not just for Oxy, but for nearly every classifieds script out there. For anyone that has some freebies to offer the community (mods, tips, templates, etc.) I'm happy to give away a complimentary membership - send me a PM if that's the case.

giorgioarmani, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  17. Classifieds Developer

Best Answers:
    Agree again with giorgioarmani, if we like the script but our script supplier is not a huge company and its selling the script at affordable price and for instance not able to provide good support, a forum like http://www.classiforum.com/forum.php its a great resource to support, learn and help each other while we hope for George to develop and release an update.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
    Classifieds Developer, Apr 22, 2013 IP
  18. ppro

ppro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't suggest oxy. get an script with good support like classi.

never buy encoded software. I have two websites based oxy and know it very well.

in fact I'm planning to migrate to classi from oxy very soon. Classi is a mature project now and wordpress is a great piece of software.

ppro, May 1, 2013 IP
  19. thegreatones

thegreatones Peon

Best Answers:
    Because of horrible support of oxyclassifieds I got to decode the encoded files so I can make improvements in the script. I have all source of all classes and encoded files. If someone is interested in it we can make some deal. It's latest version 7.08.

thegreatones, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  20. laserweb

laserweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Everyone anyone expert in oxyclassified I need some help about facebook login page. I can't login with facebook ID...... :(

laserweb, Jun 20, 2013 IP