1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Overusing Alt Tags In an Image Gallery

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Aaron Egan, May 24, 2011.

Hey guys,

Long time SEO practitioner, first time poster. My question is, I have recently created an image gallery for a client and I want the website to rank for "wardrobes sydney".

I know the way to do this is to create quality content and drive some links to the site, however, if the image gallery features around 100 images, and each image has the same Alt tag, would Google see that as stuffing the page with the same keyword when it crawls the page?

i.e. if you have 100 images of the same subject manner but different shots, and the only way to explain the image in an alt tag was to detail the targeted keyword, is this overusing the keyword in Google's eyes? Because i really don't see an alternative.

Cheers in advance for any help guys.

Aaron.

Aaron Egan, May 24, 2011 IP
  2. Vicky from DNP

Vicky from DNP Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Having alt tags for all images is excellent, having the same alt tag for all images is not recommended.
    A solution can be creating several categories, so each category will contain a certain number of alt tags and won't look overused.
    Hope it helps!

Vicky from DNP, May 25, 2011 IP