1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Overture Unassigned Clicks

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by Art, Oct 9, 2006.

Has anyone else noticed insane amounts of clicks in the "unassigned" category? I'm seeing nearly double my expenditure (for categories that I've actually created myself) for unassigned clicks. The stupid thing is I've set unassigned to offline forever ago. Overture is giving me no keyword data whatsoever either.

Is there something I'm missing here? I've written to them asking for an explanation and/or refund but their support has literally taken days to respond to anything previously.

Art, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  2. chris207

chris207 Peon

Best Answers:
    I watch where my traffic comes from and I constantly see random keywords that match with one word I bought.

I buy: free forum

I get ad clicks for: free forums with KCF gift card

obviously I don't offer KCF gift cards but I would still be listed. I kind of like it. At this point I just want the clicks.

If you are worried about your click targeting I would just use more specific matches as opposed to broad matches.

chris207, Oct 10, 2006 IP
    Art likes this.
  3. Art

Art Peon

Best Answers:
    As an update, the issue comes from (believe it or not) a bug with Overture's tracking. According to Overture, the clicks are genuine (apparently) but the only way to tell which keywords is to run a report.

Overture's been an absolute mess lately :mad:

The issue wasn't click targeting but the thousands of unassigned clicks I'm getting with no keyword data tied to them.

I'm also quite familiar with the match types, thank you very much :) I have to deal with a stupidly large ad spend every day which dwarfs the income from my forum host (sadly) - I repped you anyways though!

On that note - are you sticking around for phpbb3? I'm still trying to decide whether it's viable to enter the game this time, it'd be great fun though. :D

Art, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  4. hawksrnm1

hawksrnm1 Peon

Best Answers:
    i just had the same problem. I am knew to YSM and yesterday 21 out of 22 clicks were to unassigned. This is rediculous and I dont know what to do. I am currently using yahoos free money offer but i dont want this when its my money.

hawksrnm1, Oct 17, 2006 IP