1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Overture Stats

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bianco4810, Jan 1, 2005.

Hi Everyone,

I wish you all a very happy new year first off.

I was not sure where to post this, hopefully it is applicable here.

I am currently researching keywords and have inputed thm in various toolsets offered on the web. But I seem to come to same problem all the time. I am unsure what the data represents.

In general how are the stats for overture in the various tools are collected? It is based on a monthly algo I understand that. But is it based on only the past month's activity or perhaps 6 months or even 12 months.

This has become a very important question for me as I am researching keywords that apply to seasonal businesses. As it is off season right now I know for a fact not as many people are querying search engines or directories.

location Calgary Alberta (where it is mighty cold right now!)

subject: flyfishing

KW: fly fishing alberta
    fly fishing
    bow river fly fishing

in general target audiences are not looking right now... but i need to know the keywords for when they do... hence knowing how the stats are developed is quite important.

I thank everyone for their time and feedback in advance

and once again happy new year

Randy

bianco4810, Jan 1, 2005 IP
  2. harver

harver Guest

Best Answers:
    Don't give much importance to those stats, they are hignly unreliable. Just try and compare them with wordtracker and google adwords tool

harver, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  3. bianco4810

bianco4810 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi and thanks for the reply Harver

If this is th case ... then what about word tracker and google adwords ... what are their stats based on. It is pretty important for me to know if the stats willl fluctuate and if they do, because of "seasonal requests, how I would be able to be able to account for this in my keyword research.

I look forward to hearing your reply

warmest regards
    Randy

bianco4810, Jan 2, 2005 IP