1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Overture shows nothing for keyword phrase

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by ussher, Aug 20, 2004.

Overture shows a zilch for the keyword phrase "assisted living".
    WordTracker shows substantial enquiries for this phrase. Any search of Google, Yahoo, Teoma, etc shows 200,000 + results.

Any suggestions as to why this so.

Bernard

I talked to one live person at Overture - all they wanted me to do was sign up and buy, buy, buy.

PPS am I using the correct forum section for this enquiry?

ussher, Aug 20, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Gonna have to ask the Overture guys on that one. The keyword suggestion tool simply reports what Overture gives it. Why the numbers are what they are could only be answered by Overture.

digitalpoint, Aug 20, 2004 IP
  3. Joel Naten

Joel Naten Guest

Best Answers:
    I've noticed on more than one occasion where Wordtracker and Overture don't have information on certain keyword phrases. You just need to think through what makes sense. Would someone looking for your site be thinking "assisted living". If so, then go after that phrase, and forget what Overture and Wordtracker suggest.

Joel Naten, Aug 20, 2004 IP
  4. bobmutch

bobmutch Peon

Best Answers:
    Joel Naten: Check out the 9 tools at Free SEO Tools and see if they help you any.
    I ran "assisted living" on the Keyword Research Tool and got lots of ideas for key phrases. "assisted living" "assisted living facilities" "assisted living facility" are key phrases I am guessing you have considered. "elder care" is 25,245 per month; "elderly" at 49,818 and "elderly care" at 8,629 per month are two good words.
    Any way use those 9 tools and you should be able to mine up all the key phrases that are hot. If they don't show up on the Overture, WordTracker or Espotting database and you think they are being used then do up a Google PPC for that word and see what kind of action it gets. That is the best way to deal with a word that you think is being searched but doesn't show in any of the databases.
    If nothing shows on Google PPC then you know that there is not much traffic on the word. If it gets hits like wild turn the account off and then target the word knowing the stats you got from Googles PPC.

bobmutch, Aug 26, 2004 IP
  5. hudson

hudson Peon

Best Answers:
    wow...that's strange its not coming up...must be a low volume search

hudson, Sep 1, 2004 IP
  6. bobmutch

bobmutch Peon

Best Answers:
    hudson: What is not coming up?

bobmutch, Sep 1, 2004 IP
  7. hudson

hudson Peon

Best Answers:
    a search on overture for the keyword phrase "assisted living".

hudson, Sep 6, 2004 IP