1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Overture Inventory Tool

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Jim132, Aug 4, 2006.

I use the Overture tool, http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/ , to find keywords for my site. I'm targeting "best diet pills" which according to Overture had over 9300 hits last month.

My site ranks #8 on MSN for this keyword but is nowhere to be found on Yahoo or Google.

The only traffic that I receive is from Ask.com. I know MSN is not real popular, but with a popularity of 9300 hits, don't you think I should be getting some traffic from MSN?

Any ideas? Thanks.

Jim132

Jim132, Aug 4, 2006 IP
  2. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    9300 value is from Yahoo Network.
    First divide by 2.5 or 2 if you calculate MSN traffic.
    It would be then 4500 or 3100.

and now you must know MSN is only popular in few niches only.And 95% regular internet users don't bother with MSN.

Now you can have better picture.

Mong, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  3. moneymakingguru

moneymakingguru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, If i were to target MSN for my keywords, it has to have a demand figure of at least 3000, ideally 10,000 or more. Reason being, MSN tends to have about only 10% ( conservative ) of that demand figure you get from Overture. So if it is 3000, then in MSN you can expect about 300 in a month.

So each day you probably get 10 searches, which 60% of these 10 searches will never go beyond top 6 results, ( becos they will not want to scroll too far down.. ) only about 20-40% will actually go to the #10 result. Which probably gives you 2-4 visits a day.

However all the above scenario is assuming you even get within the top 10 ranking, in the 1st place, so you know what you need to do now..

Getting number 1 in MSN is really easy.. And you will be surprised that reaching #1-10 in Google is actually using similar SEO effort for that of MSN and Yahoo.

moneymakingguru, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  4. shoaeeb

shoaeeb Peon

Best Answers:
    Overture Inventory Tool is no longer available for public now.

shoaeeb, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  5. hooperman

hooperman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe it was working when the OP posted this in 2006. There are probably older threads you can reply to if you search for them :D

hooperman, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  6. baddot

baddot Active Member

Best Answers:
    is there any new inventory overture now ?

baddot, Nov 22, 2010 IP