1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Overture Bid Tool: RIP

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by yragcom1, Feb 8, 2007.

Turned on the old keyword software, and my search kept kicking back errors from the Overture Bid Tool. So I went to Pixelfast, and got this message from the Overture Bid tool screen:

Gone
    The requested resource
    /d/USm/search/tools/bidtool/index.jhtml
    is no longer available on this server and there is no forwarding address. Please remove all references to this resource.

Ain't this a kick in the rear end? This is going to suck hard at the very least for about 75% of all the people who build sites. Not a good day for anyone...

yragcom1, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  2. amnezia

amnezia Peon

Best Answers:
    just get an adwords account, you can estimate the keyword prices from that

amnezia, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  3. yragcom1

yragcom1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not the same. My software can do that, but I really get tired of punching Captchas numbers in every 2 minutes. At least Overture waited five minutes. Does anyone know if this has anything to do with Panama?

yragcom1, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  4. fistofpeanuts

fistofpeanuts Peon

Best Answers:
    So is there any other way of knowing clickprices ??

FOP

fistofpeanuts, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  5. yragcom1

yragcom1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really don't know at this point, outside of the wide range of estimates in Google Adwords. Now I'm REALLY glad I bought Keyword Elite a few days ago. As of now, my copy of Keywords Analyzer is pretty much worthless at this point in time.

yragcom1, Feb 8, 2007 IP
  6. TatiAnA

TatiAnA Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, IMO it has something to do with Yahoo's Program. I remember them saying they will no longer provide information about the advertiser's bid information and keywords position.

TatiAnA, Feb 11, 2007 IP
  7. goran77

goran77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, being the auhor of Keywords Analyzer, I wonder how come Keywords Analyzer becomes worthless compared to Keywords Elite. I mean as far as I know KE wasn't even giving you Overture bids until now. So, it still won't give you those results. KA used to do that, now we probably won't be able to do so any more. But we still provide Google bids, like KE. So, what's the difference? Or I am missing the point here?

If anything KE now caught up with KA (of course if you ignore the fact that KA will give you Miva and Enhance bids, and KE won't).

Goran

goran77, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  8. dburdon

dburdon Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have a Yahoo pay per click account you can still get the information. In the UK you need to spend a minimum of £20 ($40) per month on clicks.

dburdon, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  9. dynasight

dynasight Peon

Best Answers:
    Overture bids tool is not "Gone". It's just "hidden" you can still get to it from here http://keyword.secretstohighprofit.com.

Moderator: Not trying to sell anything here, This is a 100% Free Tool, No email, no advertisements.

Regards,
    dynasight

dynasight, Mar 29, 2007 IP
  10. webyp

webyp Banned

Best Answers:
    You can get the Yahoo!, Google and Wordtracker suggestions, bids and keyword search volumes all in one from my SIG.

webyp, May 11, 2007 IP