1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Overseas company using my client's marketing photos

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by AnnaLiz, Jan 9, 2017.

Hi all,

One of my clients recently received an email from a company in Pakistan that sells a similar product to my client, asking to be my client's new supplier. The person emailing was using one of my client's marketing photos in his email signature. My boss has asked me to draft a cease and desist-esque letter. We're not involving lawyers (at least not yet), just hoping he'll knock it off if we warn him. I plan to use a template and sound as formal as possible without mentioning specific laws.

Here's my question: would we even be able to bring a suit if the violation took place outside of the United States? I'm relatively new to the marketing industry and am pretty ignorant of copyright law. Just wondering if the offender will know that there's nothing we can do to stop him.

Thanks for your help! I just joined this site and didn't complete a thorough search, so I apologize if this is similar to other threads.

AnnaLiz, Jan 9, 2017 IP
  2. bae

bae Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is the photo being used on their website or only in email? If they're in Pakistan, I would think they know there's probably not much you can do unless you want to hire a lawyer in Pakistan. But you never know until you try.

If it's on their website and the website is hosted in a different country, you may be able to contact their hosting company and get them to remove it for a copyright violation. Check DMCA Takedown Notice in the USA.

bae, Jan 28, 2017 IP