Overlapping modules in Joomla

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by RovingCalypso, Aug 14, 2008.

Heres the situation

I have a rotating header image (which is a module) and I want a logo on top of that header image, which should also be a module. How can I overlap the two so that the logo comes on top of the header?

Both of them occupying the same module position doesn't work as one is shifter up/down.

Any ideas?

Thanks

RovingCalypso, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  2. imwebdev

imwebdev Peon

Best Answers:
    HI there,
    You should be able to do this via CSS.
    In your template put two modules next to each other like below:

So you have defined a div class for each of the modules so you have better control over them in your CSS file. You have also created an overlap div class that encapsulates the modules

Now in your css you could try to do something like this:

You might then have to use the margin property to get the logo in the right place!

Hope that helps!
    Cheers

imwebdev, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  3. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Another option, which might not be suitable but I haven't seen your site, is to include the logo image in the images you're rotating, so your images being rotated now have the logo image incorporated into all of them. Because the logo bit of your images are identical they will appear not to change as the image underneath them will.

If you want your logo to overlap the header image you can jst include the overlapping bit in all your images, i.e. cut it in half, and put the logo section outside the image in the template.

Astroman, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  4. RovingCalypso

RovingCalypso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input guys, will try the first tip.

Astroman, good tip but that'll be too much of a trouble as the site will be handled by novices who'd want to frequently change the header. So too much trouble in the long run.

RovingCalypso, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  5. Astroman

Astroman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah you're right, my idea in no good if it's for someone else to use. It's only easier if you're doing it for yourself really and you aren't going to be changing the images all the time. :)

Astroman, Aug 15, 2008 IP