1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Overflow text in div column

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Robert Norgren, Mar 5, 2017.

Hi all!

I've been working a little on my portfolio site http://www.robertnorgren.com/

At 1327px, when you resize the browser window, the header title gets cut off.
    Is there a way I can extend the text so it does not get cut off when I resize the browser? And still have the thumbnails in the second column centered?

Any ideas? Much appreciated.

Robert Norgren, Mar 5, 2017 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    1) Stop crapping position fixed into your design.

2) Stop putting so much whitespace in nobody can even tell you HAVE content.

3) did I mention that you should STOP putting fixed positioning of fixed widths into your design?

You've not built a design that, well... is even close to compatible with accessibility norms, much less graceful degradation or responsive layout. NORMALLY the answer to your question would be a media query, but since you're thinking in pixels, designed in pixels, and have a woeful lack of semantic markup mated to a ***-ton of "JavaScript for nothing of value"... well, I would advise pitching that entire mess in the trash and starting over with semantic markup BEFORE you start worrying about appearance...

See your other thread... you've got a laundry list of how NOT to write a website.

deathshadow, Mar 5, 2017 IP
  3. Rokis

Rokis Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I don't want to sound harsh but the layout and the functionality of the website is a big mess and seeing that you are a graphic designer it's not the best way to represent yourself with such a blank website.

If you want to build a fully functional and a nice looking website I suggest you start looking into the basics of web developing. Learning HTML, CSS and Bootstrap 3 should be more than enough for you to have a well build website that would be responsive on mobile devices and at any desktop screen.

My friend guided me to these forums not long ago and I'm building my reputation here so I can start taking on the big jobs while helping fellows out. I would be happy to help you on this for beer money as long as you are willing to provide me a design of the final website look.

PM me if you are interested.

Rokis, Mar 16, 2017 IP
    Scoding likes this.