1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Outsourcing content

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by rookie7, Dec 29, 2017.

I'm new to blogging and have been reading about some sites such as Fiverr where you can pay people to write articles for you. I was wondering how much you would expect to pay for a good quality, original, 1000+ word article? (Say on some topic to do with science or technology.) Thanks in advance.

rookie7, Dec 29, 2017 IP
  2. partnerdig

partnerdig Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have bought high quality articles on Fiverr. The price, only $5.

partnerdig, Dec 30, 2017 IP
  3. rookie7

rookie7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting partnerdig - would you be able to link to any of those articles? I've done a bit
    of research since my initial post and Fiverr seems to have a bad rep as a low quality "content
    mill".

rookie7, Dec 30, 2017 IP
  4. partnerdig

partnerdig Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are thousands of people writing articles there. Be careful, always check the articles you receive. Some sellers are fraud but there are plenty of honest sellers who do original articles.

You need to look for sellers with good reputation.

partnerdig, Dec 30, 2017 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Expect to pay decent money for decent content or you'll either end up rewriting them or having a crap site. $5 - nah, wouldn't touch anything written for peanuts.

sarahk, Dec 31, 2017 IP
  6. June H.

June H. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Last year, I spent some time experimenting with the payment rate on Upwork.
    I’ve had some students and entry-level freelancers (who want reviews above all else) write me some decent articles for $1.5 per 100 words.
    However, I got most of my high-quality content when I was paying $2-2.5 per 100.
    I agree with Sarah — if you want good content, steer clear of the “bargain bin” deals, or be prepared to do some extensive rewriting.

I don’t recommend hiring writers from Fiverr. I’ve had nothing but negative experiences in that area (plenty of good voiceover artists and graphic designers, though).

One example:
    When I was new to the whole online business thing, I ordered a short ebook, for $1 per 100 words, from what seemed to be a young, British man on Fiverr.
    However, when I received the final draft, it was obvious that it was not written by a competent English speaker.
    The grammar was ok, but the structure was all over the place, and the use of metaphors felt forced and unnatural.
    I went through 2 revisions before I called it quits and moved on. It became clear that he was either doing arbitrage, or the profile was fake altogether (somehow, he still had a bunch of positive reviews).

If you’re looking for writers, I recommend heading to Upwork or sites like the Writing Summit instead.

June H., Feb 4, 2018 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  7. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You write articles just in $5, it seems you rewrite the articles or spin the content of the pre-written articles. Because you didn't mention the word limit so, it means you write the whole article in $5.

Sumit_Singh, Feb 4, 2018 IP
  8. Lauriat

Lauriat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    From my personal experience i can suggest not to buy content from forum marketplaces and fiverr like sites. Only decent quality content i was getting was from upwork, needless to say good content does not come for $5, i was paying $50-100 for 1000 word article.

Lauriat, Feb 6, 2018 IP
  9. kellyrose

kellyrose Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's always better to hire a professional content writer or company rather than purchasing it from online store. Because you need to have a responsible authority to answer you in future. I feel more comfortable in hiring a professional to get quality service.

kellyrose, Feb 14, 2018 IP