1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Outsource to India ?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by neekyme, Jul 30, 2009.

1. champion510

champion510 Member

Best Answers:
    Glad you can relate to some of that. I work with off-shore team of 55 people for my corporate slave job. Trust me, I know the challanges very well. Now only if I can get this template to work with me.. This site is starting to frustrate me!!

champion510, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  2. jeewant_gupta_051275

jeewant_gupta_051275 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are all over the place- you just need to keep your eyes open! For instance, take this thread as an example.
    There are so many amazing writers who have contributed to this thread. Just pick any of the writers whom you find interesting and Ping him/her with your offer- hope it helps :)
    Regards
    Jeewant

jeewant_gupta_051275, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  3. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    What about the site's frustrating you?

jhmattern, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  4. jeewant_gupta_051275

jeewant_gupta_051275 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Was that for me? Or did I accidentally happen to post a reply over your remark?

jeewant_gupta_051275, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  5. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    It was directed at Champion - mentioned that this site was frustrating. :)

jhmattern, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  6. ankushahuja

ankushahuja Peon

Best Answers:
    The only drawback is the quality of the content, you will find a lot of people bidding for work at dirt cheap prices but they make numerous errors, I would always recommend everyone to take a review copy before working with them :)

ankushahuja, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  7. lopes

lopes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some people are just too narrow-minded to see the HUGE social differences between well and poor developed countries.
    While a certain job will pay $1K monthly on the US, for example, the same job in India won't pay more than $50,00.
    So don't judge an Indian just because he accepts to write 500 lines per $5,00, because what's may be the money of a snack for you may mean days of work for those guys.
    Ps: I'm not Indian btw.

lopes, Aug 7, 2009 IP
    DPParadise likes this.
  8. champion510

champion510 Member

Best Answers:
    Jenn,
    I can't seem to make up my mind on which layout I want to go with.
    I was able to secure hosting this weekend!

I also need to find myself a good reliable content writer.
    I'll use your tips for that.

English is surely a bastard language. Well said.:D

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
    champion510, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  9. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Well getting the hosting account is a step in the right direction. :)

Are you doing a static site, Wordpress, etc.? If you're doing WP, I just released a clean professional theme for free at www.QueryFreeFreelancer.com. You need to be registered and signed in to see the download post / page. If you want a custom design, I'd recommend Chris Hennis (www.christopherhennis.com) - he designed the Depeche theme mentioned, the previous one I gave away, and I just had him customize one of his JungleJar.com themes for another project. Always does a great job. :)

jhmattern, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  10. gopalmishra

gopalmishra Peon

Best Answers:
    You can find excellent writers in INDIA,however, it needs a lot of patience and a little bit of luck. And yes you will find whatever price range you wish to ($2-$20 for upto 1000 words article). But definitely good things come with a price tag attached to it.Isn't it:)

You also need to understand that Indian Schools teach British English, therefore, the content will have that British taste.Also, Indian writers generally have good grammatical skills.

And one last piece of suggestion from my side; be 100% sure as to what you want them to write,because sometimes things are not that obvious due to huge cultural differences.

Best of luck!!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
    gopalmishra, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  11. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Ironically, that's one of the biggest problems. On one end of the spectrum the grammar is just atrocious. When you do find the gems to can write something well grammatically though, they tend to be so formal that the writing is unusable. Being a writer isn't about perfect grammar all of the time. It's about being able to write for, and appeal to, different types of audiences. Most don't respond well to too much formality, especially on the Web.

jhmattern, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  12. Chocolate Lime

Chocolate Lime Active Member

Best Answers:
    Personal experience says you only get what you pay for.

If it takes you 2-3 hours rewriting poorly written grammar, then is there any worth in spending $10 for an article that looks nothing like the final version once you actually written it yourself.

Spend the $10 on coffee and write away!

Chocolate Lime, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  13. gopalmishra

gopalmishra Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, I am new to the forum, and obviously your experience is very rich.
    However, by "writers" i mean those who really take interest in writing.And not those who
    are merely after a couple of dollars!

gopalmishra, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  14. linkbuildingexperts

linkbuildingexperts Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you to hire a reputed agency in India rather hiring freelance content writers for your work. Since this will increase your chances of getting unique content with quality

linkbuildingexperts, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  15. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Really? Most of the "agencies" you see advertising here put out utter crap, usually hiring those same uber-cheap writers (who can't write) so they can mark up the services, market them to more people, and make a profit while the client assumes since they're paying a bit more that they're also getting more. Doesn't often seem to work out that way. A professional freelancer who knows what they're doing and who has been in the game for years is a far safer bet than most agencies I've ever come across.

jhmattern, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  16. lopes

lopes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with you. Who need agencies, firms or whatever s* they call. The beauty of internet is that we don't depend on companies anymore.

lopes, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  17. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wish I knew it :confused:
    But what I know is all this:
    People tend to make mistakes.

King Lear says, "this is the most unkindest cut of all... not all the perfumes of Arabia can wash this stain off my hands" in King Lear.
    I have seen and heard my US clients using your & you're and there & their interchangeably. Quality of an article rests as much on grammar as it does on several other factors such as how the article is laid out, whether it interests the reader, and whether it has enough material which the majority of readers didn't already know and the like.

But I've got to agree with Jhmattern. It's the legal point that you should be concerned about once you are through with price.

Alevoor, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  18. lhrowley

lhrowley Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a very good point. It's possible to find an overseas writer with at least a passable knowledge of English grammar, but if you're looking for content for a US audience, you'll likely notice problems with word meanings.

US English is especially convoluted, though, so that's not really surprising. Unless you were born and raised in the US, it would be extremely difficult to understand all of the weird language nuances. Heck, I've lived in the US all my life, and I still have to marvel at how jacked up our language is.

lhrowley, Aug 12, 2009 IP
  19. talk2tanveer

talk2tanveer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi friends, I am Tanveer, from India, & this is my first post here. I was looking for a part time job since last month. I was browsing through classifieds section of a local newspaper, and came across an ad, about a firm which wanted to hire writers. As I always had a keen interest in writing, I went for an interview and got the job. My pay was Rs.40/article(1$=48Rs). At that time i was really happy to get a job where i would be paid to do what I love. I had to do at least 6 articles/day to make Rs 7200/month,which is roughly equal to 150$. I was happy because this was my first job ever and i was paid a pocket money of around 70-75$ per month by my parents. They had a team of 4 writers, one of them was doing 10-12 articles per day. At that time I had no idea about SEO writing. Eventually when I came to know how did they used to work, from where they get orders,etc. I got to know about this forum and realized that I can easily charge 4-5$ per article and make much more money than the pittance I was being paid.

So, my point is that there is no lack of quality writers in India, however most of us do not know how to use the internet to sell our services. I know many people in my college who can write truly engaging pieces. Yet most of the people who are employed by such small firms do no have a flair of writing. They treat it just like another job, where you get paid for the amount of work you churn out. They are paid lowly wages and are expected produce work by volumes. When you have to write 6-8 articles per day there is no time for research. What we used to do was read other articles on the net and rewrite them in our words. However, now I am planning to start on my own and focus on doing quality work.

talk2tanveer, Aug 15, 2009 IP