1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Outed Gay Student

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by GRIM, Aug 21, 2008.

1. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    I never compared homosexuals to cradle robbing. I just replaced one behavior that seems immoral to me with another. It was immoral when I was little and society changed. Rewrite the story and replace all the pedophile references with any behavior that you are clearly opposed to. History tends to repeat itself.

Rewrite the story using polygamy. The message will be the same. You don't currently support that do you? Thirty years from now, you will be prejudiced too.

Did you really think that I was beating around the bush? Seems pretty clear to me.

jkjazz, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  2. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not entitled to dissapprove? Really??? That's pretty lame.

You must be pretty out of touch. The days of "what they do in the privacy of their bedroom is nobody's business" is gone. Now we get to talk about redefining marriage and teaching homosexual behavior to my children at school.

I'm betting that it is a very small percentage of the population that would welcome their son's gay lover into the household.

jkjazz, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  3. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    don't make out it's the gay marriage issue that is a problem for you, You clearly said your reason to opposing homosexuality is because the bible said it's wrong, and the bible says nothing about gay marriage, only homosexual sex. So with that in mind, On what grounds do you feel entitled to hold an opinion on what two consenting adults do with their genitals?

And why shouldn't children be educated on homosexuality? It exists, it's real and talking about it isn't going to turn anyone gay. or is this just another example of the religious realising that education is the enemy of primitive dogma?

"stop educating children! it makes it harder for us to trick them into believing bronze age myths!"

Unsubstantiated claims pulled out of thin air where you "bet" that most people are as bigoted as you isn't really an argument for or against anything.

stOx, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  4. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, I certainly did not mean to mislead you. I do not approve of homosexuality. Sorry you don't like me now. I thought I was doing pretty good just to be tolerant, but that's not enough for you, is it?

You require my full blessing and for me to sit down with my kids and present homosexual behavior in a kind and loving way. Then you further demand that we as a nation redefine marriage and family so gay couples can feel better about themselves.

Nah, that won't ever get my vote.

jkjazz, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  5. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'll ask you again, On what grounds do you feel entitled to hold an opinion on what two consenting adults do with their genitals?

I'd also like you to answer a few other questions, Just so we can clarify your position;
    1. Should homosexuality and homosexual sex between consenting adults be legal?
    2. Should those who practice homosexuality be stoned to death, Like the bible says (that's where you get this morality of yours, right?).
    3. Should homosexuals be allowed to work with or around children? If not, why not?

stOx, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  6. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would I need to feel "entitled" to hold any opinion? When was feeling "entitled" ever a requirement to having an opinion?

Why do you feel "entitled" to question my morals?

jkjazz, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  7. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Let people do what they want with themselves, they are humans and have free choice to do anything they want as long as it isn't a crime.

Homosexuality isn't something to be encouraged imo but i'm not going to stop people from doing what they want.

ThraXed, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  8. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's not so much your opinion that you need to justify, it's the belief that your personal opinions should in any way effect what others are allowed to do. I for instance hate rice pudding, I wouldn't for one second assume i'm entitled to have an opinion on whether others should eat it or not though.

Because your morals are bigoted and effect other people. keep them to yourself and you wont find yourself having to justify them.

Now, answer the simple questions i asked you please. I had the courtesy to answer your questions, Now you extend some courtesy and answer mine.

stOx, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  9. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Really? Tell me the truth. I'm not saying that anyone should hate anybody, but really, do you never disapprove of ANYTHING?

How about those guys with tattoos and spikes all over their face?

When you are out on the town and some 45 year old guy show up in a dress, a wig and lipstick do you approve? I don't care if it was freaking Einstein, there is no way that I could carry on a conversation with these people.

BTW, I'm not going to stop them either, but now I'm getting flamed just for not approving.

jkjazz, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  10. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    You certainly wouldn't want to teach your children tolerance of people who aren't the same as them. You should probably home-school with that sort of attitude.

The reason gays want to be able to get married isn't to "feel better about themselves", it's so their spouses can have the same legal rights as heterosexual spouses do.

The issue is health insurance, and property rights, same as it is with straight couples.

I would personally never be so presumptuous to want to condemn what two adults do in the privacy of their own homes. But that does seem to be a major and recurring theme for "Bible-thumpers" such as yourself.

Lexiseek, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  11. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Why should i have the cheek to disapprove of something that someone decides to do privatley? It is his/her life, and it is their choice on what path they want to take.

ThraXed, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  12. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    See this is your problem. What you are entitled to do is chose whether you want tattoos or spikes in your face. What you can't do is have an opinion on whether other people should or shouldn't. It's none of your business.

If your reason for opposing homosexuality is because the bible says so should you not also prescribe to the punishment that the bible dictates for homosexuality? because surely if you don't you could be accused of cherry picking what bits you believe in order to justify a bigoted world-view and your homophobia and not simply following biblical morality at all.

stOx, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  13. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly, even if i followed the bible, i would not be telling homosexuals what they can and can't do, it is their choice what they want to do in life, not mine.

ThraXed, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  14. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    If my future son turned out to be gay of course it would bother me, but he's my son and I would love him the same.

I'm curious to know what you would do?

I don't just support polygamy... I promote polygamy :D :p

lol well I'm sure all of what you're saying would be completely different if you were a homosexual. There's a small chance that you would have been.

This is of course assuming you aren't one of those people who thinks homosexuality is a choice - which is completely ridiculous.

webwork, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  15. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are you sure he isn't? Usually people who object the most, are the ones who are afraid of coming out of the closet. Look at history of Republicans and different Bible pushers. :D

gworld, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  16. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    So what is wrong with the idea of legal unions?
    Look, I'm not advocating that they should be shot, and as I said before, it's gone way past "the privacy of their own bedroom". Why do you think that I should approve?

Thank you for saying that. So far you are the only one.
    I would have to suck it up and get used to it. It would take a while and I could never approve, but I am sure that my love for my son would be greater than the disappointment in his choice.

I don't know. It's been said that being bisexual doubles your chance for a date!

St0x amd Thraxed,

Why do you think that I am telling anyone what to do? You seem to think that everyone needs to approve of everything that is legal and if we don't we are haters.. Just stop it. This is absurd. If you choose to put tattoos all over your face, or have sex with your boyfriend, I don't care. But I do think it is wierd.

jkjazz, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  17. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:

That is why you always want to meet your children's dates and friends and know what they are planning. I have three kids and I try to keep up with what is going on and try to know all there friends

homebizseo, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  18. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I have the right, the ability, and good parenting would show favor towards parents who try to lead their children down the right path. It is those that are ignored and told that any behaviour is acceptable that are sitting in prisons later on in life. I think most of you will understand when you have children. This forum is filled up with young teenagers who are uninformed about parenting.

PHPGator, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  19. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, I have seen two excellent posts from you in the last five minutes.

What kind of a wierdo are you, anyway?

jkjazz, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  20. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    hehe, just one who tries to be as honest as possible. There are a lot of great young debaters here on the forums. Most just don't have the life experience to not fall into the traps that some of society has set out there for them.

PHPGator, Aug 25, 2008 IP