1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Outed Gay Student

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by GRIM, Aug 21, 2008.

1. smatts9

smatts9 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really have nothing to add but that it drove me crazy seeing everyone spell principal wrong, it's not "principle".

Okay, carry on.

smatts9, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  2. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Bahh I did at least once, damn firefox warning came up for spell check! :D

GRIM, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  3. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    A principal is your pal

That is the easy way to remember! By the way, not everyone spelled it wrong.

browntwn, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  4. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    geez, thanks. I was starting to doubt of my English....

cientificoloco, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

Schools follow policy as dictated by a board. In this case, it would appear that is what happened... That's "board" is the "majority" that "rules"... Sorry to say, in reality that is the way it works.

Mia, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  6. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Any policy they decide on is ultimately subject to current laws. If a policy is illegal then the board can't introduce it.

If rights are given by state or federal laws then no policy that the board introduce that infringes on those rights can legally be enforced.

stOx, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  7. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly, besides there are many things that are in a school policy that have nothing to do with the 'majority' at least not as how mia had put it.

The way you stated it had absolutely nothing to do with a school board.

GRIM, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    If you'd actually read the article, you'd see that in fact it had everything to do with it. He acted on the predication that the majority of Bible belt parents would have likely wanted him to act.

Either way, who cares.

Mia, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  9. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:

Agree with that. Who cares?

homebizseo, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  10. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The ones who "care" are the ones who think that when a student goes to a principal for assistance regarding victimisation on the grounds of sexuality, or anything, the principal should help, Not join in with the victimisation and start a witch hunt.

So basically, "decent human beings" are the ones who "care". I take it you aren't a part of that group. Or is your abhorrent indifference only manifested towards homosexuals who are treated unfairly? I wonder, What would the reaction be if the story was identical except the words "lesbian" and "gay" were replaced by "christian"? I wonder what reaction we would have seen if the student received this treatment on the grounds of being christian. Think about it.

stOx, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I'm fairly certain I indicated that the ones that perpetrated the assault should also have been expelled.

In any event, did anyone hear about the 12 year old suspended for having pink hair? Life's a bitch.. Boo Hoo...

Mia, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  12. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand how Hollywood and the ACLU have indoctrinated American youth into believing that it is OK to be gay. For those of us that were raised to believe the Bible, it's just sickening.

Go ahead and blast away, but consider this, in your lifetime the same reversal will happen to you.

Stay with me here. Can I assume that the majority here still think that it is a bad thing for adults to marry children under 16? This is how it could change in your lifetime, and remember, it might not be exactly this, but the scenario is valid.

Someone somewhere gets arrested or persecuted for falling in love with a 15 year old girl. The adult male must do prison time. The 15 year old professes her love, blah, blah, blah. Hollywood decides to do a movie about this story. You will hear lines like "Oh, don't they make a beautiful couple?". The story goes on to reveal that the underage girl is now pregnant. The baby is born during the man's trial. The evil prosecuting attorney wins the case only after many sobs and tears while the jury is in deliberation. The father must go to prison and society has broken up another family. How tragic.

The movie touches so many hearts that people begin to question whether or not this idea of "underage" is "fair" at all. More movies are made until it becomes acceptable to see an adult/child couple as charaters in the most popular movies.

Then you begin to notice a few of those couples holding hands at the mall. More and more adults are arrested for this crime and the "decent human beings" who are so compassionate and loving begin to see the unfairness and hatred of the law makers and police, after all, what these couples do in the privacy of their own bedroon is nobody's business but theirs. You haters need to leave them alone. They're not hurting anybody.

The ACLU gets involved and finds some judge in California that overturns a conviction. Six years later, California makes it legal to marry 14 year olds. The federal government passes laws that require you to hire the same people that you have always thought of as "perverts".

Yeah, this is all fiction, but I'm betting that you will see a big piece of your morals and beliefs getting chipped away. When this day comes for you, you will wonder why young people think you are a bigot and a hater. Society has changed before your eyes and the beliefs that your parents taught you have been rewritten by people that you have no respect for.

Hell, how many times a day do you hear what a racist bigot you are because you think that illegal aliens need to go back where they came from? You're just a hater trying to break up families.

Don't even accuse me of thinking that is is OK to be with an underage girl. I DO NOT. I'm willing to bet that the majority of you will think this is just crap and I'm just one of those "hater", Christians with no morals at all.

End of Rant.

jkjazz, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  13. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of people who were raised to believe the bible also use the bible to justify mistreatment and discrimination of blacks. Do you think that's ok? It's the same sort of thing. I think most of this country believes(and if not then it's shifting that way) that if there's something about a person that they can't change, and that thing is not directly harmful to others, then we should try to tolerate it. If we don't then we have much less credit when condemning other countries for intolerance.
    Besides, if you just followed the footsteps of the most important person of Christianty, Jesus, then you might conclude that being tolerant of gays is the most Christian thing to do. I'm not a bible scholar, but Jesus seemed to be all about tolerance. Hell, I think he even urged tolerance for those who persecuted him and eventually killed him.

LogicFlux, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  14. killerkitten

killerkitten Peon

Best Answers:
    Not in this case :p

killerkitten, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  15. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:

LOL @ comparing homosexuals to cradle robbing, when those two things are completely different.

You don't like some people because of their sexual preference, don't try to beat around the bush.

They have a name for this... the term is "prejudice"

webwork, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  16. maverick123

maverick123 Peon

Best Answers:
    GaysCulture.com all the way ;)

maverick123, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  17. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just because some people are raised to be morons, it doesn't mean we have to lower the standard for the whole society. :rolleyes::D

gworld, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  18. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    jkjazz was the guy bleating in another thread about how he gets his impeccable morality from the bible, and in this thread he is using this impeccable morality to discriminate and hate against those who chose to do something with their genitals that he disagrees with. that's some morality you got there jkjazz, Lifted wholesale from primitive desert nomads no less... stoned anyone for picking up sticks on the sabbath lately? :rolleyes:

stOx, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  19. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I know...

Talk is cheap. Wait until your son brings home his first boyfriend and let's put your beliefs to a test.

I'm simply trying to be honest with you guys. I was raised to believe that it is wrong to be a homosexual. Sodom and Gomorrah and all that. Society did not accept it either. Then the gays launch their public relations campaign with the full support and blessing of Hollywood and the ACLU and society in California begins to change. Society gets all warm and fuzzy and supportive of two men finding true love in each other's arms. Nah, that doesn't make it right.

See, you guys seem to think that I have to approve of homosexual behavior or I am a bigot. On the other hand some people just require tolerance. Well I can tolerate them, but I cannot approve and I will not support their agenda to bend American society.

So what's the problem?

By the way, the purpose of my original post is just to show how it can happen to you also.

jkjazz, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  20. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't have a son, but if i did and he turned out to be gay i can honestly say it would not bother me in the slightest. It's quite funny that you assume everyone would be as homophobic and bigoted as you.

You don't have to approve of their behaviour, But you aren't entitled to disapprove of it either, Unless of course you can explain why you think you are entitled to hold an opinion on what another man does with his penis.

What is this obsession the religious have with other men's penis'? If they aren't mutilating them they are demanding that they only put them in "jesus approved" places. - "i'm jesus, and i approve this hole". Mind your own business.

stOx, Aug 24, 2008 IP