1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Our Wordpress/Woocommerce site sucks

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by ZackP, Sep 16, 2016.

We have WEB site made up in Woocommerce with Mango theme. It has several plug-ins: Fedex, PayPal Advanced, Bitcoin payments and Signifyd credit card security checker. We have 2 developers involved, first one made site and left. Second one kind of repaired and enhanced it. Still site is not functioning properly.
    After buyer selects what they want, pay by credit card Woocommerce suppose to send e-mail with order to us, submit credit card and order data to Signifyd for checks and notify customer if something didn't work out.
    Most of the time e-mail from Woocommerce to us fails. Secondly Signifyd server somehow does not receive data about order and can't react. So we see payment received e-mail from PayPal Advanced which should arrive AFTER order notification. Then we go immediately into Woocommerce orders to see who ordered what, addresses and all that. Signifyd does nothing since it did not receive message from Woocommerce.
    This sucks! After all that time and money spent we have system that is unreliable. Needles to say that we don't change anything in site, specially not payments settings, Signifyd settings, PayPal and all that. Signifyd integration (plug-in) is very important and one of the reasons why we adopted new platform. We pay for that service and want it to work.
    Woocommerce comes often with announcements that this can be updated and that has new version. I am confused should be update every plug-in and actual platform or not? There are other things, for example we found that if we insert link into text on any page we get 404 error?! Instead of address: "....com/thispage.html we get 404 and address looking like this: ...com%20thispage.html%20/
    I mean WTF that means? Hyperlink suppose to be simplest thing in the world. Second developer says it is because of Mango theme doing it.

ZackP, Sep 16, 2016 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    First: yes, OF COURSE you need to update. Everything, both WordPress and plugins. Perhaps that's even the cause of some of the problems.

As for the links-issue: how exactly do you insert the link into the text / post / page? Manually? Via wp editor?

PoPSiCLe, Sep 16, 2016 IP
  3. ZackP

ZackP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, we did update everything where offered. Does not make any difference. Woocommerce is still occasionally failing to perform. At any rate it's unreliable.

Links are our smallest but quite unbelievable problem. I go to page, into text of the page, hi light some word and click hyperlink button. Than I have 2 choices, select page I need to link to by selecting one from drop down menu of all of them or write link manually into the link box. Tried both and both produce same - wrong result.

ZackP, Sep 17, 2016 IP
  4. karjen

karjen Member

Best Answers:
    The best thing to do here is to hard code the link directly into the text editor..So when you are at your text editor, you can see 2 tabs, 1 is VISUAL and others is TEXT, choose text then try to write the code <a href="your link">Hyper link</a>, then update and see if it all goes well.

karjen, Sep 17, 2016 IP
  5. ZackP

ZackP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You think I didn't try all that. This is what I enter into link position:
    http://www.smartcardsource.com/product/bcdk1-0/
    and this is what one gets when clicked on link:
    http://www.smartcardsource.com/"http:/www.smartcardsource.com/product/bcdk1-0/"

Sometimes %20 or %22 numbers are inserted into the link on various places

ZackP, Sep 17, 2016 IP
  6. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The Wordpress post editor modifies and butchers some stuff that is entered into it like HMTL (unless you have a plugin to block that).

Please list all plugins you are running now. Then we'll try to narrow things down to find the problem. :)

billzo, Sep 17, 2016 IP
  7. ZackP

ZackP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why would editor change links by itself is beyond me, but it makes sense what bilizo is saying. So here we go, those are active plug-ins:

Check mail, Contact form 7, Easy WP SMTP, Envato Wordpress toolkit, Error log monitor, Fedex Woocommerce shipping with toolkit, Google analytics dashboard, Google XML sitemap generator, Gourl Bitcoin Altcoin payments, Horizontal scrolling announcement, Iconize Worpress, iThemes security pro, Mango core, Meta box, Paypal advanced, Paypal Express, Regenerate thumbnails, Simple custom post order, Swipe legacy buttons, Slider revolution, Subscribe2, Ultimate addons for visual composer, Use any font, Woocommerce, Woocommerce Signifyd integration, WP add custom CSS, WP font awesome share icons, WPbakery visual composer, YITH woocommerce Ajax product filter, YITH woocommerce Ajax search, YITH woocommerce compare, YITH woocommerce wishlist

ZackP, Sep 17, 2016 IP
  8. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll check this out tomorrow.

billzo, Sep 18, 2016 IP