1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Our server has been hacked!!

Discussion in 'Security' started by notcon.seo, Oct 13, 2006.

Hey guys, our server was been hacked this week and used for pretty serious spamming etc, the police are involved and our companies server bods are fixing it back up.

my question and rather serious worry is can our server be black listed by google or any search engines etc?? the server had been put on an email spam blacklist.

Only our website has drastically slipped in the listings for our company and url name :mad:

any thoughts would be greatfully appreciated!

notcon.seo, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  2. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just ignore it

I have a server one time hacked (5 years ago) and it has been blacklisted since then, haven't faced a problem with email sending/retrieving thou.

No, search engines won't blacklist you, just email ISPs.

If you really care about it, go the the blacklist website and request a "take-out", a police report would be sufficient.

Peace,

Barti1987, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  3. notcon.seo

notcon.seo Guest

Best Answers:
    yeah the server guys are onto the email blacklist stuff, i just care about the SE side of it all!

notcon.seo, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  4. kamyana

kamyana Peon

Best Answers:
    you must install rkhunter or chkrootkit and set a cron to check for any backdoors, trojans or unauthorized access to the server.

These daily checks helps alot to secure your machine.

kamyana, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  5. sacx13

sacx13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    sacx13, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  6. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your server won't be black listed by the search egines, but you should change your IP since many antispam servers will list that.

if you want to solve your problem and check that your server and backups are not compromised go to www.ncmanage.com and ask for a complete checkup.

Winagain, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  7. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should take care of your own server more! Check it more often and removed all suspect files! My site was hacked too these days but I cleaned it out!

Jasonb, Oct 28, 2006 IP