1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

OSHQ Hosting - WORST Of Them ALL.

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Johnnyboi91, Dec 29, 2007.

I thought i would try out oshq.com for proxy hosting too see what they were like. There prices were my main interest as they were quite cheap.

I spoke with them on live support before purchasing they seemed quite friendly until i went with them.

For the first two days there was nothing but lag, they did mention upgrades so i bared with it.

Then the first day the servers seemed normal i later go to my site to find my account had been suspended without reason. I open up livechat to see what the problem is and they tell me i was using too many server resources, which was complete bullshit as my site haden't even recieved more then 10 uniques. They were new and all i was doing was preparing them at that point. They said i needed a VPS. I literally laughed too myself at how stupid they sounded.

Ive submitted support tickets demanding refund and my files. But they have just closed the ticket without response. And it seems they ignore me on livechat. ( 1 member of staff closing the convo without bothering too answer my questions. )

I wouldn't recommend them too anybody and i just had too let this out so you all know and are aware. I just hate the fact that they ignore the situation so they don't look bad.

Worst of all they never gave any files so i had too re do my proxy sites. :(

Johnnyboi91, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  2. kaung

kaung Twitter @KaungKo

Best Answers:
    Well, they may still be good and reliable at normal nonproxy hosting though (just assuming).
    Probably they don't really know how proxies operate yet and simply plan to host them on the shared mix servers.

And yes ignoring refund and giving back files is the mistake from their part.
    I suggest you reopen another ticket (who knows maybe this time a more generous perosn will get the ticket) or you can always charge back (make sure you look at their refund policy)

kaung, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  3. Johnnyboi91

Johnnyboi91 Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, they way i see it all there staff are backing each other up. When i got rude (i know i shouldnt have been but thats just me) One staff member said " i would prefer it if you didn't talk about my colleague that way" , it's understandable but then again he could have checked his logs and looked over the situation to see if his staff members where also in the wrong.

I will open one more ticket and see what happens. I ain't going too continue too moan just wanted to share my bad experience with them.

I was just testing them to be honest, as ive been using cloakhost.com for 2 months now and it's great :). (more money but quality)

Guess thats the way it works. These small shitty hosts just looking for money and nothing else.

4. inderpal

inderpal Active Member

Best Answers:
    The same thing was happened with me. They suspended my account the 2nd day of hosting without informing me and when I asked them they said "My proxy using more than 21% for resource". I had to sell my main proxy site because of that.

After that, their servers were down for 3 days and so my sites. That was too much, I lost all my visitors. I tried online chat and asked the person for a refund and he said to submit a ticket. I did the same but haven't got reply yet.

Problem is I paid for whole 1 year :(

Regards,
    Inderpal Singh

inderpal, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  5. brambo

brambo Banned

Best Answers:
    They suck.
    They dont give refunds, they are scammers

brambo, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  6. inderpal

inderpal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you used their service or you are saying just like that?

7. Johnnyboi91

Johnnyboi91 Banned

Best Answers:

LOL - They also told me too submit a ticket (on livechat) and this was there response:

[​IMG]

"we've talked on livechat"

He didn't even resolve the situation on livechat :( or at least let me know what would happen from there.

8. inderpal

inderpal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here's from their support knowledgebase

"We promise a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, because we are so confident that you will enjoy our services."

Anyway, I paid for reseller account for whole 1 year and anybody who is happy with oshq can get it very cheap from me as I am not using their server anymore after I lost all my visitors and they didn't care to inform or something so that I could have done some other arrangements....

9. newzone

newzone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    3 things :
    - downtime
    - no refund
    - not good :(

newzone, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  10. prilep

prilep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow thats awful. Hope you guys get it sorted out soon.

- Prilep :D

prilep, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  11. salaxzar

salaxzar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hope you guys the refund back...earlier i was thinking of hosting my image hosting site getting 10000+ hits a day on their account....however i did on dreamhost...think i did a good thing...

salaxzar, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  12. Browning

Browning Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree. I kindly asked for a refund not even a week into being hosted by them. Of course they refused.

Browning, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  13. jflattery

jflattery Peon

Best Answers:
    question to this group don't flame me for asking, are you talking about proxies, or hosting. Hosting has been fine, proxies are up and down because they were hosted on Hostparlors server and he left us high and dry, I just want to make sure your blaming the right individual.

jflattery, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  14. kaung

kaung Twitter @KaungKo

Best Answers:
    correct me if I'm worng but

I think you got the wrong thread there jflattery.
    are you talking about iwhic and hp?

or is OSHQ reseller of HP?

kaung, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  15. jflattery

jflattery Peon

Best Answers:
    my understanding was that OSHQ had his proxies hosted by HP, he now has his own servers and is changing over to them, hence the issues.

16. SuperBytes

SuperBytes Peon

Best Answers:
    Look at their prices people.

What did you expect.

SuperBytes, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  17. 5starpix

5starpix Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i am currently talking with Support, i have been on line with them for about 1 hour this morning.:(..i paid bi-annually, but the owner seems like a good person, so Im going to stick with them, and see what happens :)

5starpix, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  18. jflattery

jflattery Peon

Best Answers:
    my point of view is they communicate with you, so many of these low priced hosts blow you off after you pay, not good business, if they are willing to keep the communication lines open and work through a problem all the better.

19. 5starpix

5starpix Notable Member

Best Answers:
    so far in my life i find these the best;

5starpix, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  20. jflattery

jflattery Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also with Lunarpages, not bad, support is slow, funny they have an unlimited HD packages.