1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

oscommerce template and questions

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by wendydettmer, Aug 19, 2005.

ok, so i know nothing about oscommerce, but volunteered to help someone with their store set up lol. anyway, do you need to code the template special like with mambo? does anyone know any good tutorials on oscommerce? i didn't find much in their forums.

wendydettmer, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  2. WhatiFind

WhatiFind offline

Best Answers:
    I recently came across this website: http://www.templatemonster.com/oscommerce-templates.php it sells templates for oscommerce. There's also a free sample, here you can take a look how it's done. I'm not familiar with oscommerce but the templates look cool.

WhatiFind, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  3. North Carolina SEO

North Carolina SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've recently coded by hand an osCommerce installation and it can become rather time consuming!

There are a number of add-on contributions (contribs) that enhance the application for SEO, links management, etc. The project can become rather daunting if you do not make it clear up front how far you are willing to go! :)

North Carolina SEO, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  4. carowan

carowan Peon

Best Answers:
    im in the process of reskining and upgrading the stock OS commerce download. Its a lot of work, especially if you want to make it look decent (stock looking stores are lame and are a dime a dozen) but I think in the long run it is worth it, as you have unlimited flexibility, and has tons of excellent mods

For something that may be a little easier look into zencart. Its essentially OSC but with a lot of SEO benefits already added.

There are also ebooks that you can download for about 15 bucks.

carowan, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  5. North Carolina SEO

North Carolina SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm just beginning to dabble with zencart and agree with carowan (don't quote me on that ;) ). It looks to be considerably easier to adjust the look than osC.

North Carolina SEO, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  6. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys. do you know if zencart supports paypal?

7. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    nevermind, answered my own question :)