1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

original / personal domain name VS descriptive keywords

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by tobalsan, Jul 29, 2013.

Hello,

i was really curious about one thing. 99% of what I've read about IM and SEO when creating a blog or a website targeting any niche tells that you should use keywords for your domain name.
    Let's say I want to create and monetize a blog about finding great PC hardware, i should go for www|best-pc-hardware|com or www|top-us-hardware|com (just dummy examples).

What value or weight does this add, compared to a more personal or original name, let's say www.siliconator.com (again, total dummy example) ? Especially, how and what would it impact on overall value when the content, design, code etc... is exactly the same ?

I'm wondering this because I know many high PR / authority website that has a totally unrelated domain name (to stay in my examples, zdnet or clubic about PC hardware).

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
    tobalsan, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  2. karmaseo

karmaseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google loves personal branding domain names. That's why they kill EMD's.

karmaseo, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  3. tobalsan

tobalsan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What is "EMD" ?

tobalsan, Jul 30, 2013 IP