1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ordering Repeat BG Image Question

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by southwark, Nov 13, 2014.

Hi,
    is it possible to insert alternate images into a repeating background image?

For example, I have a 5cm x 5cm block of wood grain which repeats as a background image on my website so it looks like a wooden desk background.

I would like to put an image of a photo on that background about halfway down the page but I only want that photo to appear once and the rest of the background to remain as 'wood'. The way I'd like to do this is photoshop the photo onto a copy of the repeat wood background image, put in a drop shadow on it and run it along with the background image - is that possible?

IF not...

Could I create, say, 10 background images of page width 100% and depth, say 10cm. Then run them - in order - down the page, so that the 3rd down has a photo on it and the 7th one has another image.

One suggestion I read was to set each rendering of the bg image seperately in CSS. Something like this:

background-image: url(img/bgwood.png), url(img/bgwood.png), url(img/bgwood.png), url(img/bgwood.png), url(img/bgwood.png), url(img/bgwood.png), url(img/bgwood.png), url(img/bgwood.png), url(img/bgwood.png), url(img/bgwoodwithphoto.png),url(img/bgwood.png), url(img/bgwood.png), url(img/bgwood.png), url(img/bgwood.png), url(img/bgwood.png) ;
    background-repeat: repeat-x, repeat-x, repeat-x, repeat-x, repeat-x, repeat-x, repeat-x, repeat-x, repeat-x, repeat-x, repeat-x, repeat-x, repeat-x, repeat-x, repeat-x ;

Which I tried but I couldn't get it to work - although it seems a poor way to do it, if it is possible.

Thanks for reading.

southwark, Nov 13, 2014 IP