1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Order fulfillment

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Dark_Matter, Aug 6, 2004.

We're a small company who is going to be selling products on TV. We are going to use a call center, but we're going to do fulfillment (packing and shipping) in-house. Each day the call center will email us the order info and we will verify the credit cards, print labels and ship the product. We want to set things up so we can get the info from the call center in a format that will enable us to print address labels without keying the data a second time.

Is this something we should discuss with the call center? Does anyone on the forum have any suggestions as to how we can do this? Thanks.

Dark_Matter, Aug 6, 2004 IP
  2. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Hi - we use Filemaker pro [crossplatform compatible] to receive emails using a plugin.

Built into this [using script] is the ability to parse forms that are emailed from the site pages [no need for a call centre]

This database can then do anything like print address labels or bar code.

If you use the call centre and set the format of the email correctly FP will handle this easily.

Foxy, Aug 6, 2004 IP
  3. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    I think you need to elaborate a bit more on the set up as there are various solutions.

E.G. Call center
    do they just formaly verify or do they process c/d cards ?
    will you allow alternative shipping address ?
    will you accept cheques / banktransfers?

If the CC is a larger set up and they just take the order and formaly verify they will have standard formats up to xml/EDI.

Will you have means to contact customers in case the e-mail was entered incorrectly?
    etc.
    I assume you're already trading on-line and know all the pifalls.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    A long time ago I set up something similar.
    I simply provide the CC with my clients order system / and c/d card processing system via the net with strict rules.
    They took the calls entered it into my clients environment and got the equivalent of an affiliation fee.

This had the advantage that my client had full control and if the CC didn't perform it could be switched at a moments notice, respectively it could be scaled up pretty quickly.

Best of luck
    M

expat, Aug 6, 2004 IP