1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Orangewebhosting.net reviews

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by st_jimi, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Derrick_KL

Derrick_KL Peon

Best Answers:
    *Is playing the waiting game*

Derrick_KL, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  2. tangqing

tangqing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    now can you refund my money $3.95?
    i would not get your hosting service again!

tangqing, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  3. Derrick_KL

Derrick_KL Peon

Best Answers:
    Anybody here know the square root of pancakes?

Derrick_KL, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  4. tangqing

Best Answers:
    :mad::mad:no reply me.

:confused::confused:

tangqing, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  5. godsofchaos

godsofchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm actually looking for a good host but seeing this takes my breath away. Good luck everyone.

godsofchaos, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  6. Derrick_KL

Derrick_KL Peon

Best Answers:
    Its down. Again. For the third time in a week.

Now I'm pissed off.

Over the past hour, its been going down, and coming back up again.

Its not me. I have remoted into a computer on the other side of the country to make sure.

Derrick_KL, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  7. Ulf the wolf

Ulf the wolf Peon

Best Answers:
    This is f*ing ridiculous. I signed up under this webhost about 3 days ago. I've can't even access the stupid support system, and have had to email their billing 'team' directly. In my full 3 days under Orange Web Hosting I have had ZERO support.

WORST SERVICE EVER.

I sent an angry email to their billing team asking for a refund as I would hope they honor the '7 day guarantee'. Otherwise I'm going to do my best to track this guy down. I paid a year in full and am not happy with this.

Ulf the wolf, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  8. st_jimi

st_jimi Peon

Best Answers:
    the server was temporarily down last week while we upgraded our servers they where down for under a hour while the new firewall was installed, if you where unable to acess your sites for longer than that this is because you didnt follow the provided instructions in the cpanel area for the migration, there where a few issues after the migration because of incorrect firewall rules, but these laster 10-15minutes,

and as stated in our tos we do not offer refund for any downtime incurred due to server upgrade and maintenance.

We upgraded the servers so we could keep offering the 99.99%uptime we had offered the previous month and the 99.92% uptime the month before that, we had to upgrade the server because of unexpected growth, we had to have larger cpus/ram/bigger faster hdds and more b/w we also increased all your security with a hardware based firewall, if its a crime pro-activly looking after clients these days shoot me now, unlike mosts who cram all the clients they can on one box

If you are unable to acess the support area that is probley because you havent registered!

st_jimi, Apr 13, 2008 IP
  9. Ulf the wolf

Ulf the wolf Peon

Best Answers:
    This is what I read:

Money back guarantee & refund policy We offer a 7 day Money back guarantee. Refunds: If client has retained the services for one year and has pre-paid OrangeWebhosting.net for such services, refunds will be issued for any unused full month of the services, upon client's request. Therefore, if client's account is cancelled at any point during the one-year term, client will be entitled to a refund for the months remaining, after notice given by the 25th day of the preceding month.

---

I see no reason why I should not receive my refund in full as I have requested this cancellation and refund with 7 days. This refund is guaranteed, as stated in your TOS.

Ulf the wolf, Apr 13, 2008 IP
  10. Derrick_KL

Derrick_KL Peon

Best Answers:
    Down again. Should I be surprised?

Derrick_KL, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  11. Faint

Faint Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All my sites are fine.

Faint, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  12. Derrick_KL

Derrick_KL Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. Apparently a reboot.

13. Faint

Faint Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    FYI, this guy is on MSN a lot. His MSN name is on his profile, connect him directly if you have a problem and he should help you out.

Faint, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  14. tangqing

Best Answers:
    he dont chat to me on MSN !
    i am sad for it.i gave him an email to ask my money refund many days ago.but he didnt reply me!:mad::mad:

tangqing, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  15. Derrick_KL

Derrick_KL Peon

Best Answers:
    Get yourself a lawyer.

James, you need to spiff up on your support. Every single time I ask you a question on MSN, concerning the constant downtime which incidently never seems to be your fault, you go offline (either that or block me). No reply, explanation, nothing. You simply dissappear.

Let me tell you something, when I pay somebody for hosting, I'd like a little insight as to WHY ITS DOWN, AND WHEN IT WILL BE BACK UP!!!

Don't simply ignore your CUSTOMERS. PAYING CUSTOMERS.

[UPDATE] He did it again. Sorry, I can't recommend you to anybody. You need to grow up a bit and quit going offline when a paying customer asks why their hosting is down, and when it will be back up. He also no longer accepts private messages here. So couple that with the dead msn support, and there basically is no support during downtime (which there has been tons of in the past 2 weeks). He ALSO removed his MSN identity from his forum profile. Shows how much he cares about his clients. Leaves them with no support upon a rediculous amount of downtime.

I DEMAND an explanation and I demand it right now. I'm a paying customer, I'm damn well entitled to it.

16. Faint

Faint Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm done with this host. It goes down and up, and James never seems to take fault. He goes on and off MSN a bit, but I can't take the up/down/up/down cycle that he has been putting me throw with my sites.

Faint, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  17. vaserv

vaserv Peon

Best Answers:
    As of today we have taken ownership of this company but have not accepted any debts or obligations. If you wish to discuss your account please email with the subject OWH

vaserv, Apr 18, 2008 IP