1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Options for implementing a 'browse' page in PHP ?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by kutchbhi, Feb 26, 2015.

So I have a bunch of videos with associated data - like category, price, rating, year etc. I require a regular 'browse and sort and filter' page for filtering and sorting through the videos. Kind of like on an ecommerce store where the products and sortable by price and filtered by various options (brand etc)

I have had to code such a browse page a fair few times, and every time I came up with a custom solution which while worked, was non-reusable and took some time coding. I am wondering that since this is such a common requirement, there might be existing solutions for this problem ? Are there any ?

The only solution that comes to mind is to use a CMS like wordpress ( add custom taxanomies , fields, use plugins and so on ). But it would be great if there are CMS independent solutions for this!

Thanks

kutchbhi, Feb 26, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Depending on how you many items you have, you could customize a jQuery DataTable function (basically it's a sorting function for tables) which gives you the ability to sort via headings (th-elements) and so on and so forth. It also presents a search-field where a user can type (or you can have a predefined selection of items) and so forth and so on.

PoPSiCLe, Feb 26, 2015 IP
  3. PDD

PDD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yup definitely use datatables. They're extremely powerful. http://datatables.net/

PDD, Feb 26, 2015 IP