1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Optimize News Website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Davidpoul, Dec 22, 2013.

One of my client is developing a news website and he wants me to promote its website. Now my question is What I will do to promote and optimize it because I never worked on news website. Did I follow the same tactics (on-page and off-page) that we follow for other website or we need to follow some different tactics, if yes than what are they.
    (He want to publish all the news from across the world)

Davidpoul, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  2. baybay

baybay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    use social media to help promote the site. build up a good following on sites like twitter and facebook and syndicate your content to those sites. as long as you are building up your following and constantly engaging those users by doing continuous content syndication you should start seeing some good organic traffic come from it.

baybay, Dec 23, 2013 IP
    GuruCreation likes this.
  3. The SEO Man

The SEO Man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure the website uses a properly formatted Site-Map to help with this search engine optimization process!

You may want to consider using RSS feeds could be setup to help with SEO and to distribute and optimize "new news headlines" and get site content indexed / re-indexed faster.
    Using RSS Feeds to help a website with Search Engine Optimization, requires many proper processes to be in-place, to offer beifits that most people would consider "Desirable SEO Results." (within the website itself on pages and the homepage, as well as websites that will display feed links from RSS Feeds back to the website you are optimizing and promoting at Google for free targeted organic traffic.)

Learn more about Using Google to Generate Free Website Traffic by visiting the SEO Blog Link Below:

The SEO Man, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  4. spyindiaankur

spyindiaankur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely "davidpoul" you will have to follow same process of on page seo and off page seo as you do it for your other projects. You will have to do website analyses, competition analyses, keyword research and other on page activities and after that work on off page activities. I am also agree with "baybay" for the use of social media.

spyindiaankur, Dec 23, 2013 IP
  5. johnstyle6

johnstyle6 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Promote your website first on off page seo, do forum posting, social bookmarking and directory submission, This is good for the new websites.

johnstyle6, Dec 24, 2013 IP
  6. neelsharma

neelsharma Member

Best Answers:
    You can also use press release to promote your website and share your news all over the world.

neelsharma, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  7. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Look now Promotion Criteria has been changed, if you want to promote news across the world. Be choosy and creative, when we are going to promotion. Do something new for new website for on page optimization - like use h card/ vcard, use G+, OG tag and Optimize your alt tag in a proper manner these are the three things that are important for on page.

Like other say do social media marketing for spreading your presence across.Off page tactics - participate on yahoo forums, join groups, guest posting with relevant content.

John Dave, Jan 21, 2014 IP