1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Optimization Tips

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by briankoe, Dec 9, 2016.

Hi all,

I have had my website for a while and I have been gaining revenue through AdSense up until this point.

I decided it was time to try selling a product. I've had some unique products up for a few days now (that should appeal to my audience) and have yet to make a sale. 99 percent of my traffic comes through blog posts so I need to get people to convert from individual posts.

I've read that average conversion rates for an ecommerce website are 2 to 2.5 percent. I get about 1,000 visitors per day, so that should equal to about 20 sales. However, I have yet to get a sale over the past couple days. I realize that's not a long time, but I'd think I would have a sale by now.

I have placed two CTAs on my high performing posts: One towards the top within the content, and one at the bottom. Here is an example:

https://www.essentialoilsus.com/coughs-colds-and-congestion/

Any tips on CTA placement or other ideas to increase conversion?

Thanks in advance!

Brian

briankoe, Dec 9, 2016 IP
  2. peterstein

peterstein Member

Best Answers:
    Have a look into your analytics :)

Are your users going into your shop from posts? If not, your cta isnt good enough.
    Are the users going from shop into productdetailpages? If not something is distracting or not convincing enough.
    Are the users going to put a product into the cart if visiting productpages? If not, your product sucks, is to expensive, smth is distracting or smth isnt clear enough.
    Are the users stucking in your checkout process? Could be pricing, to much stuff to fill out, shipping or payment problems.

Additionally try some exit intent and feedback forms, or coupons.

This should bring you a step further for now :)
    Good luck!

peterstein, Dec 10, 2016 IP
  3. briankoe

briankoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Peter,

Thanks for the response. Yeah, my buyer metrics are horrendous. This is yesterday:
    • 1,000 total visits to blog posts
    • Of those 1,000, only 40 made it to the shop page
    • Of those 40 there were maybe 10 that looked at products
    • Of those 10 there were 6 that made it to the cart page and only 1 got to checkout.
    • No sales :-(
    You can see the 2 CTAs I have on this blog. One at the top and one at the bottom (do you think these CTAs are strong enough?): https://www.essentialoilsus.com/coughs-colds-and-congestion/

Here is the Shop page: https://www.essentialoilsus.com/buy/ (I'm not super happy with it, but I'm not exactly sure what to do at the moment)

I appreciate any other suggestions :)

Thanks again,

Brian

briankoe, Dec 10, 2016 IP
  4. peterstein

peterstein Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe the benefit is not clear enough - what is my benefit if i buy these? Looks good? Feels good? Helping someone?

As i guess they are not very expensive, try do to an exit intent popup, giving 30% coupon - and male some nice banners in your blog, pointing out the benefits and maybe the coupon.

:)

5. briankoe

briankoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I like those ideas. Very true about the benefits. I feel like the individual product pages state things fairly well, but the main shop page is bare, and doesn't show any benefits at all.

I like the idea of the exit intent popup too. I'll have to find a good plugin.

Thanks again!

6. peterstein

peterstein Member

Best Answers:
    You´re welcome!
    I am using the ninja plugin very often - it does cost a bit, but it is very easy to use, powerful, a zillion of integration possibillities and it has a loooot of functions from which other projects can benefit from aswell ;-)
    Link: https://codecanyon.net/item/ninja-popups-for-wordpress/3476479

7. briankoe

briankoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Cool, I might have to check that out

8. Oleksandr

Oleksandr Member

Best Answers:
    Use heatmap tracking software like CrazyEgg or HotJar or YandexWebvisor(free) to see how people engage with your post. What they click and how much they scroll. After that try to put your CTA link on the place where people click the most(A/B test this!). Hope that helps.

Oleksandr, Dec 28, 2016 IP
  9. lida

lida Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    E-Commerce Strategy: Text and Cases provides the fundamental literature required for graduate students and practitioners to understand electronic commerce. Each chapter provides clearly designed learning objectives and review questions to highlight the major topics and goals. This book covers many of the new innovations and technologies that have been established for e-commerce site development. Unlike similar books, topics such as e-channel adoption, factors affecting e-commerce adoption, and strategy design are reviewed in greater depth. Additionally, the book examines areas not normally covered like open source, online research, and peer-to-peer systems.

E-Commerce Strategy: Text and Cases is divided into two parts. Part 1 examines the evolution of e-commerce, analyzes different sectors such as B2B and m-Commerce, and explores the challenges they face. Case studies of well known companies reinforce the concepts learned to demonstrate both successes and failures in the field. Part 2 deals with developing strategies in e-Commerce and looks at future trends including Web 2.0. Overall, the useful guidelines provided should prove valuable to students and researchers in the field.
    I hope that this learn e-commerce will help you, but check this out http://skillonpage.com/e-commerce-strategies/ they might help you

lida, Dec 30, 2016 IP