1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Optigold Web Server Setup

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by lavadude, May 8, 2006.

Hello,

I've been able to setup the web server but I'm running into trouble trying to get the Filemaker WSC working. I'm using FMPro5.5 Unlimited with the FM WSC installed on Win2000 with IIS.

When I access the web server, all I get is the default IIS website.

Is IIS website supposed to be listening on port 80, or the Optigold/FM webserver?

Thanks.

lavadude, May 8, 2006 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would probably setup IIS to listen on port 80 and FileMaker Unlimited on another port.

digitalpoint, May 8, 2006 IP
  3. lavadude

lavadude Guest

Best Answers:
    IIS is listening on port 80, FM on 8080. when I go to the web server I see the page served up by the IIS server.

Are there instructions for setting this up with Win2000? Steps for trouble shooting seem to differ from NT.

Is there a Win2000 equivalent to "Internet Connection Services for RAS" that must be enabled.

lavadude, May 8, 2006 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I believe that's all IIS specific, not Win2000 specific, so it should still apply.

digitalpoint, May 8, 2006 IP
  5. lavadude

lavadude Guest

Best Answers:
    I've gotten a little farther. I'm still a little fuzzy on how IIS and FMWSC tie in together though.

I've got an IIS site setup with documentroot pointing to (what I assume are) the OG web server html files located in "C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro 5.5\Web". I've got a virtual "SCRIPTS" directory created and given execute permissions pointing to C:\Inetpub\scripts. That script directory contains the FMWSC_ISAPI.dll and NSIISLOG.DLL files. The "Basic authentication (password is sent in clear text)" option is enabled. The web server is setup to listen on ports 80 and 443 for this domain.

I've been able to configure FMWSC to serve up the OG fp5 files. But, since the IIS site is already listening on port 80, I had to set FMWSC to listen on 8080.

Everything works if I connect to the FMWSC webserver on port 8080 -- but then I can't use SSL.

SSL is working on the IIS site, but when I try to login on the index.html page, I get the following error:

---> Unexpected Error

---> An unexpected error occurred: No default and no address for database MainMenu.fp5.

---> Click the Back button on your browser to return to the previous page

Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

-- lavadude

lavadude, May 11, 2006 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, May 11, 2006 IP