1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Optigold does not work on MYSQL?

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by Adrian, Jan 2, 2005.

HI Guys,

I just received an e.mail from Juli in Digital point.

>Optigold does not use MySQL as a backend.

Is it true that Optigold does not use MYSQL as a backend?

I am getting confused here. What are the databases that are supported?

Adrian

Adrian, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Optigold ISP uses FileMaker Server.

digitalpoint, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  3. Zack

Zack Guest

Best Answers:
    In turn, Optigold can fire its "server trigger events" that can manipulat a MYsql database and use that for provisioning, radius accounting ect.

Zack, Jan 4, 2005 IP
  4. mtuser

mtuser Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I am new to Optigold and thinking of using it in our ISP billing. There are a couple of things I am not clear about.

When I read the user manual of Optigold, there is no mention that Optigold supports either MySQL or FreeRadius. When I went through the posts in this forum, I see discussions about how some people are using Optigold with MySQL and FreeRadius.

I also see posts about MySQL/PHP support and web-based Optigold. Since I can't find any version history, I don't know if that is already done or not.

My question is if it is possible to use Optigold with FreeeRadius/MySQL without using FileMaker or Radiator. Is there too much hacking involved? In the user manual, it is said that the Optigold GUI needs Filemaker to operate. Will Optigold operate fine with MySQL?

I have a feeling that when Optigold becomes web based, it won't be using FileMaker anymore. If I use Optigold now, I will have to buy FileMaker and when in future, Optigold is not using FileMaker anymore, so much money will be wasted on FileMaker. Do any of you think I should wait?

Thanks.

mtuser, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    This is the question all of us have been waiting on an answer for over 2 years now. At present, I would have to say, no, you have to use Crapmaker... ah, I mean Filemaker... eek...

There are a lot of things you can do, hook wise with the auto server set up scripts to make things like, FreeRADIUS and MySQL work as for automated sign up, but using MySQL as the back end for Optigold is not something that is possible atm.

Mia, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  6. SEOBusiness

SEOBusiness Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    FileMaker Server,never heard that before,can i have a example of that:confused:
    Thank you & best regards,

Avery

SEOBusiness, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Never heard of Filemaker? Have you been hiding under a rock?

Mia, Dec 27, 2007 IP