1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Optigold Alternatives? Responses requested.

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by paniolo, Oct 29, 2009.

Optigold really is the best software out there for managing a hosting/isp. However, with it's end of life scenario being played out in ways such as not being able to handle updates to the Payflow Pro changes, it leaves all of us users in difficult situations.

I've researched alternative solutions but almost all of them depend on control panels and we just don't operate with a control panel because of our infrastructure and the way we go about email, dns, etc. One of the main problems is finding a product that will handle emails within a client's account like Optigold does. I haven't found one.

So, I'm considering writing a web-based solution that would mimic the great features of Optigold. My question is, how many potential users are out there or has everyone resigned themselves to the control panel model?

If this is of interest to you, please post a reply. That way, we can get an idea of just how many Optigold customers out there are still looking for a good solution that will continue to evolve with changes such as this Payflow Pro change.

The sad part is, DigitalPoint could have started charging all of us $25/month and we would have all gladly paid it to keep the product alive and kicking. I don't know how big the Optigold customer base is but I'm guessing it's big enough to have made a good residual income off of its base.

Anyway, reply to this email and we'll get a good idea of the demand that is out there.

paniolo, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  2. muntada

muntada Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I am interested. Still using OptiGold wishing that it was at least updated to work with the latest and greatest. The funny thing is I can't get it to run on my Intel based Mac even though it is running with FileMaker. Has something to do with the Java. If that was fixed, I would be happy. I am forced to run it on a Windows box instead.

muntada, Oct 31, 2009 IP