1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Opinions on Ski France Please

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Foxy, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    So I didn't add any more words after the 100 odd to the pages but waited

and....

we lost two places!!!!...to 10

So I thought F... this

and added pages to increase site size including Owlcrofts Book pages

and nothing happened

So I thought F... this

and added/changed to a php driven mysql db

and I jumped 4 places to 6

So I thought...

and I added a b2 blogger news

and another php database for resorts

and....
    :)

Foxy, Aug 5, 2004 IP
  2. mcdar

mcdar Peon

Best Answers:
    ... and what? :confused:

I just checked and see you at positions between #6 to #8

mcdar, Aug 5, 2004 IP
  3. Foxy

Best Answers:
    Exactly :)

Those extras were done yesterday so now we wait

but.... I can tell you, that for the lesser competitive phrases we are already showing 1+2 for the blog.....time will tell

Watch this space :D

Foxy, Aug 5, 2004 IP
  4. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you add a picture to the homepage. SEO asside, when people visit the site - visually it says little.

If I was going skiing in france and looking online for info... a site that paints a picture and reflects back to me what I want from the experience will win me over. I will have a feeling of 'I'm on the right site,' and 'I'll book with these guys - they offer what I want.'

...it needs a feel to it.

Have a look at: Rottnest Island when you get there wait on the homepage a while and let it flick through the pictures...

Dominic, Aug 5, 2004 IP
  5. Foxy

Best Answers:
    I appreciate your point of view but everything is/can be subjective.

Your example shows me 4 arses, an empty street, and a bay full of bobbing boats with white houses viewing - all of which do not excite me unless you have an arse craving, a wish to be on an empty street or a wish to be on a bay full of boats with nobody on a beach in front of a bunch of houses!

The same goes for the American wish to fill the page full of text to explain in total detail what goes on.

There is no balance - what I do know, is, that people will not wait for information, and Flash, or anything else, remains a waste of time, a "pulling of the pud".

If you are trying to reach your client your page must load quickly, when you are found, and provide quickly what they are looking for otherwise they will go away.

Pictures of arses loading slowly will never win me, however you Aussies are different...and you didn't win the World Cup...did you? Heheheh :D

Foxy, Aug 5, 2004 IP
  6. Dominic

Best Answers:
    You're good quality Foxy!

Put a friggen picture on the homepage it can be small just put something on there for us visual types - doesn't need to be bums - needs to be a picture of snow or someone skiing or relaxing in a chalet looking at snow... something!

Dominic, Aug 5, 2004 IP
  7. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate to tell you Foxy, but I agree with Dominic. Your pages are too sterile. You are trying to sell to people. Put something on the page that has some personal interest.

You can't judge the rest of the world based on your personal preferences, or likes and dislikes. The great unwashed -- with the money to spend -- like to be pandered too. Bite the bullet, and give them what they want.

compar, Aug 5, 2004 IP
  8. Foxy

Best Answers:
    Ok ok.... I 've gone and put up a pretty picture guys :)

Foxy, Aug 6, 2004 IP
  9. Dominic

Best Answers:
    Wow! Thats a great picture... well chosen.

Dominic, Aug 6, 2004 IP
  10. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a big improvement. If we keep badgering you long enough you might end up with a decent site yet :)

compar, Aug 6, 2004 IP
  11. Foxy

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the compliments guys - and if I may hand it back - thanks

Foxy, Aug 7, 2004 IP
  12. radsoft

radsoft Guest

Best Answers:
    I've always dreamt of going Sking in The Alps, but could never afford it.

radsoft, Aug 11, 2004 IP
  13. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Been there, done that (snowboarding) twice, loved it! Been too long since. :(

Had another look on the site Foxy, looking better! Any SER updates?

This sentence:"You will discover the old way of life for your winter holidays, in traditional village resorts, or ski-in ski-out modern resorts, the largest interlinked ski domains of the world, fitness or cross country skiing resorts, family friendly places, and some others where wintersports, like snowboard or newschool skiing are the must…" reads difficult. Too long, too many comma's and definitely written for the bots, not for us all-understanding but lazy and easily distracted humanoids.

Just my two pence :D

Any offers on for DP members?

T0PS3O, Aug 11, 2004 IP
  14. Foxy

Best Answers:
    Thanks

Well it was said I needed to pad it out with content, so I did, and what happened was I went down 1 place !! So I then straightened out some blogs that I had floating/lurking in the background and tweaked the php/mysql database so that it was dominant and I jumped 4 places up although it has settled back 1 or 2 places at the moment. I will either alter that content - add some more - or take it out - I haven't decided yet.

Now for the good bits. The snowboarding on the site is done on a shared accommodation basis and is in Tignes Les Brevieres (a village of Tignes) one village of which is that picture on the front, and is not expensive starting at around £150pppw upwards catered half board, not including wine, depending on the week.

The guy who runs it is a speed/extreme nutter and people of all, read youngish, ages seem to have a great time. They certainly tell us so :)

Foxy, Aug 11, 2004 IP
  15. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I'm up for it this winter, I'll check it out! Enjoying the wakeboarding season now but soon will be getting a bit cold again here...

T0PS3O, Aug 12, 2004 IP
  16. Foxy

Best Answers:
    Just let me know when you want to, if you want to :)

Where do you wakeboard?

We are about to start a new rib site - will let you know when - where people will be able to syndicate Ribs ie part share of the Rib with 4 upwards owners. So a Rib of say £16000 will get 4 owners at £4000 upfront and a share of the running costs per annum.

Foxy, Aug 12, 2004 IP
  17. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I've never heard of the work Rib. Is it like a timeshare / holiday resort ownership scheme?

I ride at Thorpe normally, near Staines. Just messed up my thumb when I gor caught by the handle with a 360 :(

But yeah I am definitely planning to go ride the snow with a bunch of friends so will over the next months be looking in to renting a nice place.

T0PS3O, Aug 12, 2004 IP
  18. Foxy

Best Answers:
    No a Rib = Rigid Inflatable Boat and the boat sale share is an old boat thing where the boat had 64 ribs (as in chest rib bones but made out of wood in those days) and each person could buy one 64th of a boat.

Doesn't really happen these days so thought we might reinvoke.

If you have 10 + snowboarders wanting to have FUN (remember it is cheap and cheerful) then Tignes would suit you and we could give you a discount. :D

Attached Files:

• 225.jpg
      225.jpg
      File size:
      9.9 KB
      Views:
    Foxy, Aug 12, 2004 IP