1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

open source law suits

Discussion in 'Bing' started by stevemdr, Jun 26, 2007.

1. smarketing

smarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    I stand corrected :D

smarketing, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  2. uglyboy

uglyboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Pirates of Silicon Valley.. Its a wonder M$ have the balls to sue anyone really.. They sell us over priced flawed software that takes months to patch.

uglyboy, Jul 3, 2007 IP
    mushroom likes this.
  3. schlogo

schlogo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    they can sue the all world, their software is just too expensive

schlogo, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  4. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    Expsensive and bloated. An OS that requires a gig of memory? Does Microsoft even know what an OS is. The OS is suppose to be the middle man between user and hardware and that is it. I guess Microsoft thinks they know better. No wonder there are so many viruses with it's products. They leave to much room for people to enter.

rmartish, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  5. corycollier

corycollier Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure there's a movement called "show the code" or something like that. The idea is to get MS to show what code it has that Linux ripped off.

The idea is great actually. If MS shows what code it thinks got ripped off, it will essentially be opening it's code to outside viewers.

It's akin to Guantanamo detainees asking what proof the US government has against them.

"We know you did it, but if we tell you how we know, you'll use that against us"

corycollier, Jul 5, 2007 IP
  6. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually if Microsoft shows what codes was stolen the Open Source can alter the code and make totally legal for them to use. It is legal to alter the code so as not to infringe on others patents. Which is why if and I do emphasize if the Open Source has Microsoft's code they can alter it and use it legally.

rmartish, Jul 5, 2007 IP