1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Open Carry March on Washington DC, July 4th

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Obamanation, May 15, 2013.

1. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh please. Washington DC ranks 235th out of 260 when gun rights are compared with every other government on the planet. It isn't dead last, but its pretty damn close.

http://www.freeexistence.org/gunindex.html

So your argument is basically, "Be thankful we didn't smoke your ass for thinking about it". That must be a great sell for the civil libertarians in our country.

You should take the time to acquaint yourself with some of the indices which measure freedom in terms of civil liberties, country by country. By most measures, the US limps in a distant 12th among first world nations. Such boasts ring about as hollow as the liberals who go on about the great California Schools, ignoring the fact half the high school students in Los Angeles don't graduate.

Obamanation, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  2. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know of any pro-gun group that was actually supporting this march. As I said before it was a stupid idea and representing nothing. Real progress is made through legislation and legal protests.

In other gun news, this year marks 10 years that Missouri has allowed concealed carry. I just took the concealed carry class a couple days ago. 10 years ago there was stiff resistance to allowing concealed carry. The sheriff's across the state resisted to the point where the Dept. of Revenue manages the permits. Now, after 10 successful years, the sheriff departments are begging to manage the program because of the DOR's abuse with the information they have about permit holders. A bill just passed the senate and house that takes the authority and funds from the DOR and gives it to the sheriffs to handle. It also legalizes open carry for concealed carry permit holders throughout the state, making municipal laws banning open carry void (such as in St Louis and Kansas City).

r3dt@rget, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  3. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    o-nation: seriously your typical "I'll defend the right wing at any cost using any argument I can find" doesn't carry any weight. Redtarget disagrees with you.

The march idea to carry loaded rifles was an astonishingly provocative stupid idea...and I repeat wouldn't be tolerated anywhere in the world.

but go ahead, o-nation, make any twisted argument on any topic to blindly support every ridiculous idea....it suits you.

earlpearl, Jun 3, 2013 IP
  4. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    First, I was unaware you put value in anyone's opinion outside of Lawrence O'Donnell.

Second, my last post made no defense of the march, so I'm not sure how a post showing lack of support for the march could disagree with my statements.

Third, the content of my post was focused on the misstatements in yours.

One of those misstatements, that this would never be tolerated anywhere in the world, is ridiculous at face value, yet you repeated it again in your post above. It represents the fear liberals have of armed fellow citizens, and the fear of the government has of an armed population.

It is that fear that makes Washington DC #235 out of 260 governments surveyed for gun rights, despite the fact Washington DC is the capital of a country where the right to bear arms is enshrined in our constitution. How does that happen? Do our rights have no meaning anymore?

I believe Adam Kokesh considers himself a modern day Rosa Parks. He has come to the conclusion that the DC government has institutionalized turning a blind eye to the civil rights of many of it's citizens, and the only way to effect change is to refuse to sit at the back of the bus. Passive civil disobedience.

A great man once said,

"We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force. The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the american community must not lead us to distrust of all government, for many of our brothers in government, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny and their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom. We cannot walk alone."

Obamanation, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Its pretty ironic that the once place in the country with some of the toughest gun laws contains the most corruption, violent crime and gun violence, it the country.

Go figure...

Mia, Jun 10, 2013 IP
  6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

And then the great man got killed. :rolleyes:

The new type of governments that are coming up in different countries are the result of economic and social changes and has a life of its own. The name and political affiliation of president, prime minister, congressman, senator,... doesn´t make any difference. The totalitarian nature of these governments will only increase which results in even greater degree of suppression of majority of the society.

gworld, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  7. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Which brings us to the words of another great man:
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. ... God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion; what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."​

Obamanation, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  8. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That is funny coming from someone who is always on the side of tyrants. May be you are just endorsing the part about the blood of patriots. ;)
    It always make me a laugh when I hear all the nut cases who talk about the constitution and how it gives them guarantees to own the latest automatic weapons as defense against tyranny but while government is spying on its citizens, removes the rights to trials and even kill its own citizens without any conviction, the same people either cheer the government or do nothing.

gworld, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  9. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Nobody here made the argument for possession of automatic weapons, for government spying on it's own citizens, or for the removal of due process. Three straw men in one paragraph. Impressive.

Obamanation, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  10. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Nut cases don´t post only in one thread. :rolleyes: It shows what a BS their argument about automatic weapons is when they never use it for anything other than compensation for their small penises. ;):)

gworld, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  11. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Kind of like how some people post random troll rants in all the P&R threads to compensate for their lack of ability to make valid points in a discussion?

r3dt@rget, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    He's been doing it for years. Its all he knows. Fortunately most people here have better things to do than play internet tough guy from mummy's basement.

Mia, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  13. Obamanation

Best Answers:

http://wtop.com/109/3404250/Activist-Adam-Kokesh-ordered-held-without-bond-in-DC

Too funny. George Zimmerman, confessed killer of young Trayvon Martin, out on million dollar bond. Adam Kokesh, self proclaimed civil rights activist carries a loaded weapon in Washington DC, no bond.

Obamanation, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  14. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    O_nation: Were this guy from the left with that same presentation you would be skewering him every which way.

Its nice to see that you are so supportive of a guy on the fringe that is purposefully provocative, makes a video with a fierce look in his eye, a threatening tone, and a provocative message from the far extreme, which you so proudly support.

It looks to me like he chose a time to do this that is probably around dawn, possibly on a weekend or holiday. The area looks deserted. Were it the middle of the day the area would be teeming with people working and visiting. Daily workers and visitors don't need a guy walking around showing off a shotgun and being purposefully provocative.

Its a stupid message from a guy who tried to create a provocative march that would have generated significant level of police response. It appears this guy is willing to throw people to the wolves and provoke rebellion, injury and harm.

Its very telling that you, O_nation, are in love with his efforts.

earlpearl, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  15. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I suppose that explains the judge's refusal to allow him to post bond. I believe the ordinance against open carry in DC allows for 10 years imprisonment, though doublers apply in certain areas and freedom plaza may be one.

I just want to get you on record Earl. Say it loud and proud. 1) You support holding Kokesh without bail, and 2) You think a 10-20 year prison sentence is a fitting punishment for his crime.

Jesus, I feel like I'm in church, and the pedophile priest is giving a sermon on the evils of buggery. Don't tell me you've forgotten your "Rules for Radicals" training so quickly. Alinksy would be so disappointed.

Kokesh is like an unpolished young Barack Obama, agitating and creating unrest over something he thinks needs to be changed. Granted, libertarians, and those on the Right don't have the deep experience well in community agitation from which to draw, but they tend to be quick learners. I watched the disruption going on in the 2010 town hall meetings with a big grin. When election day 2010 hit, it was no surprise that we had the biggest electoral swing in two generations.

I think conservatives should be reading Alinksy. Its not like his tactics are married to any political ideology. People/voters are like children. You given them a little candy and they completely forget about what it was they were complaining about. Sheep really. What we need are goats. Until people get pissed off, we are stuck with the status quo. Here's to hoping Kokesh gets a 20 year sentence after being denied bond. Hell, they should declare him an enemy combatant and send him to Gitmo. That would be perfect!

[Edit] By the way, don't you find it ironic and humorous that you, the so-called liberal are the defender of the status quo, and I, the so-called conservative, am the advocate for change?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
    Obamanation, Jul 29, 2013 IP
  16. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

You think that you are joking or being sarcastic but you don´t know how close you are to describe the future. ;)

gworld, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    "Rules for Radicals" should be required reading.

Mia, Jul 30, 2013 IP
  18. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Chilling Look at Newtown Killer, but No ‘Why’

Article

I hope I don't offend anyone when I say this, but I wonder if the answer to "why he did it", is because he was a complete lunatic animal.

grpaul, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  19. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Mommy had some mental health issues as well apparently.

Mia, Nov 26, 2013 IP