1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Only 24% happy with George W Bush

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by britishguy, Oct 17, 2007.

1. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    i used to have a ny state congressman as a customer. he used to come in look around for an hour . most of the time he would bring the item back.
    i finally refused to sell him anything. idiot couldn't make up his mind at all.
    it would be very interesting to see ron paul win and bloomberg is also very interesting. i like Edwards also. i really want a smart president this time,and that excludes a lot of candidates.

pizzaman, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  2. turhapuro

turhapuro Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm.. what did bush do wrong?

turhapuro, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  3. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    And so here endeth the stay of turhapuro on DP this was his last post:eek:

britishguy, Oct 19, 2007 IP
  4. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, hopefully it's that post he got banned for :p

MattUK, Oct 19, 2007 IP
  5. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes but none of those guys Ron Paul, Bloomberg or Edwards is likely to get into the final shake down

britishguy, Oct 19, 2007 IP
  6. mirturk

mirturk Active Member

Best Answers:
    How can it be? They voted him. I hope they and we are rescued at the next election.

mirturk, Oct 19, 2007 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it is just hard to respect people who base their opinions on the fact that they hate Bush... If not Bush, then who? Seriously.. ? Who next?

[quote

Good posts, BTW! Nice to see some people have the capability to see positive things![/quote]

Agreed.. It's evident not everyone here with a differing opinion bases their thoughts on the principle that Bush is bad.

Mia, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  8. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not directed at you Mia, there however is the same exact oppossite. Those on the Bush camp who 'try' to claim everything is anti Bush.

I support Bush when I support his positions, I do not base my decisions on anti Bush or pro Bush. I will outright state I think he is a horrible lousy president, his approval ratings prove it and he will go down in history as such.

That doesn't change the fact that I will and do support him when I support his position.

Had he not been for the assault weapon ban for instance I would have supported him. According to some here that must mean I am simply against him for him, when in fact it's because I do not support the assault weapons ban. Kerry had the same stance for the most part on the assault weapons ban, I therefore did not support either of them on that issue.

I unlike so many support on the issues, not by party line, not by person in power. I find it extremely funny those who yell over and over 'It's anti Bush' are the same who blindly follow Bush no matter the issue, no matter the facts, no matter the situation.

GRIM, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  9. Grumps

Grumps Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is 24%

15% - Oil company
    7% - Blackwater employee
    2% - Dumb/blind/deaf

Grumps, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    GRIM, I agree completely. I agree with what I agree with, and I base my opinions on what I feel personally, not what the status quo of the time dictates.. Like you, my support or opposition to an issue is not based on following a "party line", nor is it based on what the court of public opinion attempts to dictate.

There are however a great majority if people that have no original thoughts, no self prescribed opinions, and are happy to let ignorance dictate their thinking process.

I don't care either way what someone's opinion is of the president. That does not bother me.. What drives me nuts is hearing the same crap day in and day out, Bush, this and Bush that... Like Bush is the only one running the US of A.. Like Bush is the only president we have ever had... Like some how Bush is responsible for things that happened prior to the continents splitting up. It just gets so old...

Everyone I've ever heard bitch about Bush has yet to walk up to me, and say, "Jeremy, let's see if we can do things this way and make this a better place." Of all the people in public office ranting and raving, down to the lowly former sportscasters wannabe news casters, to friends, family, on down... Not a one has ever offered an opinion on how to make the world a better place. Everyone seems to find it easier to find fault with someone else.

Anyway, I did not direct my original comment at you either.. I just felt it necessary to mention that many people base their opinions on what they've heard, not what they truly know or feel..

Just once it would be nice to hear someone offer up a solution rather than bitch about the problem... It's much easier to bitch...

Mia, Oct 21, 2007 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  11. TeKn1qu3z

TeKn1qu3z Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bush is a moron, I hate him.

TeKn1qu3z, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  12. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    While the President is not the only one running the USA, he's taken more power for the executive office than any past president. Short of a super majority vote in the Congress, nothing can get done on Capitol Hill because he's been swift to veto popular measures.

It's a failure of Congress to have given him so much power, so much leeway without checking it when they should have. There is so much partisanship, the Dems can't get a super majority and they are too spineless to take stronger measures.

The entire system is rife with corruption, and doesn't serve the public trust any longer. But make no mistake, an executive leader who plays partisanship, only encourages this game. We don't have a guy who can talk to both side of the aisle, (lead) and get things done through compromise and teamwork.
    I may be misguided, but the Ron Paul campaign is a way I think I can make a difference. I spend at least 3 hours a day contributing either by promotion, letter writing, emailing fund raising etc.

I really believe a return to checks and balances, to limited constitutional government, with legally produced amendments where necessary will make a difference. If the system is sick, we, every single citizen must work to reform it.

guerilla, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

Like I said:

"just once it would be nice to hear someone offer up a solution rather than bitch about the problem... It's much easier to bitch..."

Mia, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  14. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, the solution is voting for someone with views far from his policies in the next election. That counts out police state Guiliani, let's go to the lawyers Romney, and a few other candidates that look like bad clones of GW.

omgitsfletch, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  15. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    I like Ron Paul and what he stands for as well. We need someone like him now!

guru-seo, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  16. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think that sentence could apply to about 60% of the posts in this thread...

d16man, Oct 22, 2007 IP