1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

online store

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by impng, Aug 14, 2017.

Hello,
    I'm looking into setting up an online store & would like to know what problems people with established stores encounter on a daily basis. Thank you

impng, Aug 14, 2017 IP
  2. jeanericblass

jeanericblass Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well i recently setup my online store in shopify where i add ali-express dropshipping products and for this matter a website withintheflow.com help me a lot with their proper guide videos and articles because before that i really not know that how to setup store in shopify via aliexpress.

jeanericblass, Sep 11, 2017 IP
  3. hercules89

hercules89 Peon

Best Answers:
    I had problems with receiving products from aliexpress, the shipping takes more than 5 weeks, not sure why but this creates me a lot of problems and nerves...

hercules89, Sep 12, 2017 IP
  4. axus_auto

axus_auto Member

Best Answers:
    I've just started looking into setting up an ecommerce store too. Have been reading up some of the blogs and forums. Seems like payment processor, chargebacks and shipping & delivery times are some of the problems that frequently came up.

axus_auto, Sep 12, 2017 IP
  5. Farhat1250

Farhat1250 Peon

Best Answers:
    Chargebacks, fulfillment, payment processing are some of the challenges

Farhat1250, Sep 20, 2017 IP
  6. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well for me almost all as just start to build an ecomerce site and i strugle to learn all necasry things like creating the store how to add payment procesor etc

Spartan14, Sep 21, 2017 IP
  7. markonepet

markonepet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can easily solve the problem with chargeback free payment options. regions like EU, Asia and South America have low credit card penetration, so local payment methods always make good profit: www.alternativepayments.com

markonepet, Sep 22, 2017 IP
  8. tech4

tech4 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good topic, I am thinking of drop shipping too, unfortunately my budget is very small, is it feasible?.What is the minimum for Ali-express orders. I am planning to use shopify and their partner cost about $60/month at the lowest cost...not to mention the cost to advertise online. With a budget of xxx I will sustain for about 4-5 months. Will it work?

tech4, Sep 22, 2017 IP
  9. Marcowb2708

Marcowb2708 Member

Best Answers:

Marcowb2708, Oct 2, 2017 IP
  10. Marcowb2708

Marcowb2708 Member

Best Answers:
    Don't expect to get a lot of sales right away, be patient and be prepared to keep investing money

Marcowb2708, Oct 2, 2017 IP
  11. jetone

jetone Member

Best Answers:
    Biggest problem will be lack of sales at the start and figuring out a consistent source of targeted traffic.

jetone, Oct 3, 2017 IP
  12. ImLover

ImLover Member

Best Answers:
    Hello! I think the biggest problem is the cost of Shopify and all its plugins. They are very expensive. To have a decent good looking website you are going to spend over $300 monthly. Moreover you have to add the costs of the Ads.
    This means you have to create a serious Business Plan before starting an E-Commerce site.

ImLover, Oct 10, 2017 IP
  13. Amin Habbal

Amin Habbal Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am using wordpress with an ali-importer plugin. I am able to keep costs down by programing and designing things myself.

as far as shipping and products go, there is a simple hack I follow. When importing my products I always check to see how many sales they have, the shipping time and different costs, and the comapny's rating. you can go to google.com/trends and search for various products/niches to see what the trends are. I have had some of my items come within a week, no hiccups as a result :)

Amin Habbal, Oct 11, 2017 IP
  14. Sabrina73

Sabrina73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Amin, what Wordpress plugin are you using? I want to open an online gift shop.

Sabrina73, Oct 12, 2017 IP
  15. Amin Habbal

Best Answers:
    the plugin is called wooimporter, I baught it from the envato network for 40 bucks.

I highly recommend making an account on the envato network, they provide loads of stock files, videos, website themes, plugins etc... perfect source for designers.

Amin Habbal, Oct 12, 2017 IP
  16. Sabrina73

Sabrina73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I meant Wordpress theme.

Sabrina73, Oct 12, 2017 IP
  17. Amin Habbal

Best Answers:
    I program my own wordpress themes :)

I would start by finding a base like e-shop or max store. and take it from there. again envato has themes for sale from 30 bucks.

Amin Habbal, Oct 12, 2017 IP
  18. OnlineWorkIdeas_com

OnlineWorkIdeas_com Member

Best Answers:
    Read also this https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/most-irritating-thing-about-running-an-e-commerce-store.2783174/#post-19539113

OnlineWorkIdeas_com, Jan 13, 2018 IP
  19. Bella Lopez

Bella Lopez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I started my ecommerce store in WooCommerce and I dropship AliExpress products using WooDropship. The problems I faced initially were with shipping and returns. Because AliExpress epacket has a 7-14 days shipping, the returns can be a pain in the neck. I also had some problems with customer support. But all that problems were solved once I started learning how to handle that.

I read many blogs on dropshipping and how to take care of the business. For my shipping and returns, I created a shipping and returns policy which reduced the number of queries and got Intercom to handle customer support effectively.

Bella Lopez, Jan 14, 2018 IP
  20. globalwebsolution

globalwebsolution Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can help you all to build a profitable dropshipping store from zero to hero. I will run campaigns do SEO and generate sales on your store. Budget is your and strategies is mine you will reach on good goals :)
    globalwebsolution, May 26, 2018 IP