1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Online shopping carts - getting listed

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Fishing Forum, Sep 14, 2004.

Online shopping carts - getting listed using a php shopping cart

I have a Online shopping cart based in php and I was wonder that as I am a bit php dim what would be the best way of getting it listed on search engines

Would it be advisable for me to build another pure HTML site with all the products optimised , with at the bottom click here link to the actual shopping cart or maybe a blogg ?

The online shopping cart is an off the shelf program and I have mod it so the title does match the item ect.

Or is google ect ok at indexing php now

Thank you for your time and your thoughts, just hope the above makes sense

Fishing Forum, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  2. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google indexes PHP fine. You just have to make sure that each page has it's own meta information (title, description, etc...). It may help if you use mod-rewrite to give them a more normal look to the URLs but it is not necessary. Bascially if you have the inbound links, the search engines will eventually find everything.

Help Desk, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  3. Fishing Forum

Fishing Forum Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply

would love to to the above but bit dim , any ideas where I might be able to find out more

Fishing Forum, Sep 14, 2004 IP