1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Online Pharmacy pays 60% of the profit

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by compar, Dec 28, 2004.

1. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Who is going to print a Press Release about yet another online pharmacy? You need something news worthy for a press release don't you?

compar, Jun 14, 2005 IP
  2. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know. That's why I asked. But I've seen some pretty crappy press releases in the past.

Infiniterb, Jun 14, 2005 IP
  3. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    There are online sites that publish and distribute press releases. I've never used one and I don't know what their criteria or charges are, but it might be worth looking into. If you find anything out let us know.

compar, Jun 14, 2005 IP
  4. lurkster

lurkster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just signed up and created a site, i like all the template available. Could be interesting to get around the negativity about online pharms. I'm up for a little challenge.

Nice little program, great back end for customizing. It's gonna take some time and research to optimize each page, like i said, i'm up for a challenge.

lurkster, Jun 15, 2005 IP
  5. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations and thanks. Keep us posted on your success and don't hesitate to ask for help.

compar, Jun 15, 2005 IP
  6. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it's a good affiliate program. I need to figure out a way to generate traffic to the site before I sign up. I was thinking to doing adwords. but ....

dejaone, Jun 15, 2005 IP
  7. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Neither AdsWords or Overture -- new name??? -- will except ads from pharmacies unless you go through some unbelievable qualification process. I've tried a few second tier PPC services and never get any conversions.

compar, Jun 15, 2005 IP
  8. swiss_gold

swiss_gold Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd like to sign up, will you give me a hand to get started ?

swiss_gold, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  9. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Certainly. What would you like to know in particular? The normal steps are:

1. Select and register a suitable domain.
    2. Buy a SSL certificate for that domain $15.99.
    3. Find a suitable web hosting company. I offer special rates for hosting to any of my affiliates
    4. Go to www.yourfriendlypharmacy.com and sign up on the "affiliate" page.
    5. After you receive an email verifying your sign up, click on the link in the email to go to the back office.
    6. Setup your store in the back office -- see "store" item on left side menu.
    7. Review and download a template.
    8. Unzip the template and move all the files to your web hosting directory.

You will then have a working online pharmacy.

compar, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  10. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the options for my affiliates is to setup a Spanish language drug store or pharmacy. I have never done this because I don't speak Spanish and would not know how to do SEO for a Spanish language site. However, I think this might be an excellent market place. As everyone knows there is a very substantial number of people living in the USA who do speak Spanish and I suspect this market place has probably not been exploited or catered to as much as the English speaking market place.

So I'd be interested in anyone who speaks spanish either putting up a Spanish language site or helping me with the translation and I'll put up a Spanish site.

compar, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  11. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I started a thread called Blatantly Commercial Offer to introduce a new drug store to DP members and offer them a $10 coupon on any purchases.

That thread has morphed into an affiliate discussion thread. I've asked the people on that thread to move the affiliate discussion to this thread, but in the meantime there is some interesting exchanges about being one of my affiliates on that thread that some of you might be interested in reading.

compar, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  12. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Business is starting to pick up as the vacation season draws to a close. I expect my sites will resume their growth path once Labor Day is over.

I know that some of my affiliates are doing well. I now see approximately 10 affiliate orders for every order that I sell. If any of my DP affiliates would like you "go public" so to speak, I'd be interested in knowing about your success or failure experiences.

Jump into this thread and let us know how you are doing.

compar, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  13. pnyc

pnyc Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not doing so well I registered back in June and so far I had only 2 customers for the total number of 5 sales. The site is at PR2 right now and I'm trying to improve that with links exchange.
    Any tips on SEO, advertising and improving traffic would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

pnyc, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  14. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear you're not doing too well. It takes awhile for these site to start producing. But the great thing is that once you start to get a few customers the system will remind them everytime that their prescription is due for renewal and this produces a lot of business.

Here are the things I do with a new site:
    1. Decide on the two or three keywords I'm going to optimize on for the site. Don't always go for the highest volume words, they may be too competitive. For instance "drug store" may be a good alternative to "pharmacy".
    2. Optimize and rewrite the titles for every page.
    3. Add a meta description and meta keywords to every page.
    4. Optimize the text at least on the home page depending on your keywords and use heading to break up the text.
    5. Get links to your site. My best site uses a reciprocal linking campaign. But I have a site where I simply went to a bunch of friends and associates and called in some favours and ended up with a couple of hundred one way links to the site.

On the subject of links, I have offered to put a link on my site to everyone of my affiliates. Have you sent me you link information yet?

6. Send a personal email to everyone who buys or who signs up for the newletter offering them a coupon which they can use personally or pass on to a friend or relative.
    7. Do a cost comparison on the most popular drugs and be competitive. This doesn't mean you have to be cheapest on the net, but you should be in the ball park.
    8. People hate paying shipping cost for stuff purchased on the Internet. I ahve reduced my shipping to $10 on 2 of my sites and to zero on a third. Play with the shipping cost and see what happens. Be sure to announce the change prominently on your site and in any letters you send out.

Hope this helps. Has anyone else got any ideas?

compar, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  15. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    What's your URL pnyc (or PM me with it). I might be able to assist with a medical link or 2. ;)

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Sep 15, 2005 IP
  16. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice offer John.

And PNYC I still haven't heard from you concerning a link from my "affiliates" page.

compar, Sep 15, 2005 IP
  17. Kalev

Kalev Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice to see that someone has found perfect place for him to promote his affiliate site and there is nothing we can do about it...

Just create several users and post new questions (to yourself) if this thread is no longer popular.

I recommend you to look at rxdealz.com and sign up with their affiliate program - same stuff different package.

or genbucks.com

:cool:

Kalev, Sep 15, 2005 IP
    techbuzz likes this.
  18. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    If you don't like the thread you don't have to read it.

I find the suggestion that I would post to myself insulting.:mad: I'm making a significant income with this affiliate site and others can also. So while this thread helps me I genuinely believe it can help others also.

compar, Sep 15, 2005 IP
  19. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Kalev - I actually thought this was an excellent thread. Its great to have the person running the program here and answering questions. And in depth too. I personally have no incling to start a pharmacy site but I have actually found this thread really interesting.

This wasn't just a Spam and leave so I'm not sure why you have such a problem. This is the affiliate section of the forum so it seems completely on topic and helpful.

If you are looking to promote your own affiliate you should start your own thread rather then attempt to discredit someone who seems to be providing something people appreciate

<added>
    I just noticed your signature - You own the site you suggested as better...Thats real rich..Flame a guy for providing details on his affiliate program then post your own
    </added>

yfs1, Sep 15, 2005 IP
    zman likes this.
  20. khudania

khudania Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This thread has really helped me and I would like to thank Bob for this. This affiliate program really works and has worked for me too, even though I didnot do much of publishing.

khudania, Sep 18, 2005 IP