1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Online Pharmacy pays 60% of the profit

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by compar, Dec 28, 2004.

1. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Are these affiliate stores exempt from the DP coop? I gather we can neither list them or link to them?

noppid, May 31, 2005 IP
  2. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    Yeah thats what put me off initially.

dct, May 31, 2005 IP
  3. noppid

Best Answers:
    Ok, maybe this will need to be in another forum, but can we link to a site that has a link to a pharmacy?

For instance, I have a medial site, but it's home nursing. Could there be a link to a pharmacy on this site and the site still be within the DP coop TOS?

noppid, May 31, 2005 IP
  4. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately that is true. I don't really understand why because in my case my sites are very ethical and very conservative. They comply with every government ruling and regulation, and in that sense are a legitimate as the corner drug store. But Shawn has decreed that they are off limits for the coop program.

compar, May 31, 2005 IP
  5. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    That's an interesting question and I hope I don't regret answering this, but I'm doing exactly that. I have two or three pages in my InfoPool that are about the online pharmacy business and contain links to online pharmacy web sites. My own and others. I run coop ads on every page in my InfoPool.

compar, May 31, 2005 IP
  6. noppid

Best Answers:
    Well that's cool and all. Gotta live with it.

Can there be a link to a pharmacy site on a coop listed or linked to site?

I can't imagine that adsense wouldn't show pharmacy ads on such a site. But I'll have to investigate that.

Opps, we cross posted...Thanks :)

noppid, May 31, 2005 IP
  7. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    Here's googles reply to me on this question, adsense on a pharmacy site:

Thanks for your email. Per our program policies ( https://www.google.com/adsense/policies ) publishers may not place ads on sites that engage in the sale or promotion of prescription drugs.

Please note that we constantly monitor all of the web pages displaying Google ads or an AdSense for search box. If we find that one of your web pages violates our policies, we will notify you and ask you to remove the Google code from that page

flawebworks, May 31, 2005 IP
  8. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I have put links to all my known active affiliates on the Affiliate Page of my pharmacy site.

If anyone who has signed up through this thread, and has an active site, will let me know I'll be pleased to add a link to this page for them. Just send me the anchor text and URL.

compar, Jun 1, 2005 IP
  9. noppid

Best Answers:
    Gee Bob, you really got me thinking on this one. Wish I had a sales rap that good.

noppid, Jun 1, 2005 IP
  10. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Climb on board. All you can do is make money.

Have you read the thread SEO in the Jungle. With the income from my pharmacy site(s) I could live in some southern clime very nicely and just run things from my laptop. In fact I'm seriously considering doing just that.

compar, Jun 1, 2005 IP
  11. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I now have 54 people registered as affiliates under my sites. Not all of these are active, but some of them must be doing very well. I don't have detailed access to all their information but I can tell from my commission reports how they are doing in general and in total.

Currently my affiliates are selling 5 to 6 orders to my one. Of course if they can raise this to 20 orders to my one then I'll double my income, since I get a 5% commission on their earnings.

It has occurred to me that maybe I should start a forum specifically for my affiliate web owners. We could share trade secrets and discuss ways for us all to increase our business. I realize we are all competitors, but the market place is so large that I don't think we would ever hurt each other, and we might just all get smarter and richer together.

However a forum is a lot of work, so before I start one I thought I'd ask the question here. We could even run a dicussion between the DP affiliates right here and see what the potential is for us all to learn from each other.

Any thoughts or reactions to this idea are certainly welcome.

compar, Jun 13, 2005 IP
  12. letsmakeamillion

letsmakeamillion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A forum sounds like a great idea.. for idea exchange...

by helping affiliates as much as you can, you are also helping yourself for the longer term...

If you do decide to set one up or something similar let me know by posting to this thread. Thanks.

letsmakeamillion, Jun 13, 2005 IP
  13. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is a question I received via a PM. This is exactly the type of information that could be exchanged in a forum. So I thought I'd post it here for any other DP affiliates, or wannabe affiliates to read.

My oldest and most productive store uses a javascript template. I've been reluctant to change it because the sight converts so well.

But apparently the XML sites are faster -- everything being on one server -- and some of the newest features are only available on the XML templates. So I would recommend an XML template if that isn't a problem with your server or host. The other thing about an XML template though is that you have to have the secure certificate on your server. We have found a source where you can buy a certificate for $15.00 per year.

Hope that helps. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions.

compar, Jun 13, 2005 IP
  14. letsmakeamillion

letsmakeamillion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    bob,

would love a link to where I can get SSL for 15 per year.. either in pm or in this thread.

I am googling for it now, but cannot find one that cheap.

tom

letsmakeamillion, Jun 13, 2005 IP
  15. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    You can get SSL certificates for $15.99 (USD) from www.registerfly.com.

compar, Jun 13, 2005 IP
  16. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    I would be interested in something like that. Pharmacy sites get a bad rap, and it can be tough to find places to advertise.

wendydettmer, Jun 14, 2005 IP
  17. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    You can of course reciprocal link with a 1,000 other online pharmacies. But you are correct it is tough to advertise. However maybe that isn't totally a bad thing. I have tried second tier PPC services and they have never converted. I just tried enhanced.com over the weekend. I spent a $100 and got approximately 600 click throughs on very focus keywords like "buy soma" etc. and I did not get one sale or conversion.

When you were allowed to advertise on AdWords and Overture you would get sales, but on any other PPC service I've never had a sale???

That is why the repeat business that you get on these sites is so important. You don't need a lot of traffic to do well.

compar, Jun 14, 2005 IP
  18. Merry Vincent

Merry Vincent Peon

Best Answers:
    Got anything that will cure "under-paid, over-worked" writers stress? ;)

Merry Vincent, Jun 14, 2005 IP
  19. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I love to write, but I'd hate to write for a living. You are working to cheaply. A substantial price increase would go a long way to cure your problem. Or you could diversify and become one of my affiliates and have a second source of income.

compar, Jun 14, 2005 IP
  20. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The advertising is one of the reasons why I am reluctant to pursue an online pharmacy. It's very difficult and recip linking with other stores seems to me like it would hinder your business. PPC engines don't like it. This is why spam is so rampant, because that's one of the only methods to get the word out.

Would press releases work? That's one way to get the word out on a new online store opening...

Infiniterb, Jun 14, 2005 IP