1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

One year old blog with content lacks of visitors

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MiTk0o0o0, Jul 28, 2014.

One year ago, I registered a domain with the main keyword for my website included on it and have ever since been publishing posts. Problem is though, not much people seem to be visiting it.

The blog is based off Google's Blogger service and I am following people's tips where I need to tag my images in order for them to appear in search results, I create clever titles in an attempt to attract viewers from search engines to visit my website but still no result.

I'm pretty sure that the website was not punished by Google because I've never received any warning messages in the Webmaster Tools page. I have also noticed that it ranks for a few keywords that I search in the Google search engine but that is just maybe 2 or 3 posts max. Some appear on page 24 for example and some don't even appear at all. What could I be doing wrong?

MiTk0o0o0, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  2. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How would we know?
    We do not know what your blog is about....
    Are you in a low/high comp niche?
    What do you offer that no-one else does?
    Are you link building, or do you think clever titles
    alone will get you to the stars....?
    ...and the list can go on, and on...
    there can be many factors...

dscurlock, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  3. MiTk0o0o0

MiTk0o0o0 Member

Best Answers:
    Being an Android user for years I have decided to start a website about it. I basically post tips, fixes, rooting guides, custom roms for certain devices, mods and app reviews. Also I'm kind of new to this link building. How would I do that? I need to share links to certain posts at forums and other websites?

MiTk0o0o0, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  4. Truncho

Truncho Member

Best Answers:
    Just do reverse engineering - check the links of your competition and try to get them too, but only the quality ones. Analyse the way, the first three sites are promoting their content, seek for their weaknesses and improve there.

Truncho, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  5. MiTk0o0o0

MiTk0o0o0 Member

Best Answers:
    That sounds pretty hard to do. If I find out about their links how would I attempt to get them to my website as well?

MiTk0o0o0, Jul 29, 2014 IP
  6. Truncho

Truncho Member

Best Answers:
    That depends of the type of the site - if the link is is from a directory listing, you should be able to submit your site there too, if it is a blog comment link, you should be able to comment too, if it is a guest bloging, contact the site owner and become a guest blogger too ... and etc.

Truncho, Jul 29, 2014 IP
  7. MiTk0o0o0

MiTk0o0o0 Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, now I kind of understand. Thanks for the detailed info. Are those the only things that I need to do in order to get better ranking and higher daily traffic?

At first I was thinking it could have been because of the domain as it may have bad links and was going to dump it and re-do everything on a new one. I will now consider following your tips.

MiTk0o0o0, Jul 29, 2014 IP