1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

One word Keyword ( google )

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by LiGhTen, Apr 29, 2005.

Well, I don't know how many SEO optimize for one keyword, My question is why when I try to add links to "one keyword" example the word "HELLO" I rank lower in the SREP ?

LiGhTen, Apr 29, 2005 IP
  2. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keywords tend to be more competitive than keyphrases. I´ve always found it easiest to get ranked well for three word phrases, then two, then one.

e10, Apr 29, 2005 IP
  3. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, I even start on 4 or 5 if it is exactly relevant. Work from the bottom up. Once you have your best 3 word niches, then go for 2 then finally 1. If you have a anchor for "buy house" it will help slightly for 'buy' and 'house' as well as 'buy house' All that work for the 3 and 2 word targeting will pay off to some degree on the 1 word. So when you finally get there its a little easier (and you should already be earning)

Design Agent, Apr 29, 2005 IP
  4. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    And those multi-word phrases can link back to the top of the pyramid. So by expanding the base you give the top a better chance of ranking higher and higher with relevant anchor text.

T0PS3O, Apr 29, 2005 IP
  5. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    There is actual a really good thread about this exact subject here (Just make sure to come back here to talk about it ;) )

yfs1, Apr 29, 2005 IP