1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

One-Time Offers?... I just don't know about these |-:

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by multimastery, Dec 16, 2008.

...Just curious? Are one-time offers really effective. I mean do they really convert. I can honestly say that personally I've never taken advantage of one of those one-time offers where you visit a site for the first time and then all of a sudden you see a page saying something to the effect "you will only see this page once -- so take advantrage NOW or it will be gone forever". I just always feel that I'm hit too soon with these "Great" One-time offers.

First of all, I'm just visiting the site and trying to familiarize myself with everything for the first time...so I'm just not in a buying mode that fast. Slow down already. Now maybe after I've been on the site for at least more than a minute, Then, just maybe then I would be more open and in more of a buying mode to view these One-Time offers. With a stategically timed delay I don't think I would feel as pressured and "steam rolled" into making a sudden buying decision after just visiting and familiarizing myself with a website for the first time. This is just my personal take on these Fantabulous 'One-Time Offers'. :rolleyes:

What do you think? Have you ever taken advantage of one of a One-Time Offers. If so what was the One-Time offer that you took advantage of? And what motivated you to jump on it right then and there.

AND if you are someone who actually offers a One-Time offer - then have they converted well for you. Or has it been just a joke and waste of time. "Inquiring minds want to know."

multimastery, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  2. michael_nguyen

michael_nguyen Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes one time offers do work. It didnt work on you cause perhaps your cool like me and didn't fall for it. I see OTO day in and day out cause this i what i expect of the internet marketing industry. But just because you and I wont fall for it doesnt mean a newbie wont. To be honest. One time offers are not really One time offers (majority). Most of the time your able to copy the link and go back to it again. If you plan to build a product the OTO will probably convert well but again this is all related to traffic. Imagine having a list of 20k theres bound to be a few that will buy the OTO.

michael_nguyen, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  3. placeboeffect

placeboeffect Peon

Best Answers:
    There's a reason so many people use OTO's, and that's because they do work.

You raise a good point though, it is important to just not throw your customer a blatant ad hoping they will bite. You want to give them a real value, a "deal" that is related to what they already bought.

It's kind of like if you are buying a washer and the sales person offers you a dryer at a discount. Its pushed because it makes sense.

Matt

placeboeffect, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  4. jasonb25

jasonb25 Member

Best Answers:
    They work alright and they prey on the newbies, back end sales are where a lot of money is made.

jasonb25, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  5. multimastery

multimastery Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm still taking it all in.

multimastery, Dec 16, 2008 IP