1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

One site v other site (both the same!)

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by ian_ok, Nov 11, 2004.

I have 2 sites www.casaelbosque.com and www.ainsworth.org.uk

I was planning on ainsworth just being my family site when I get round to it, but in the mean time I've got a near copy of casaelbosque as my index page on ainsworth with a few changes, mainly at the bottom where I have added some main texts links.

The ainsworth site is only 1 page and when you click on any links it takes you to the real casaelbosque site.

My questiosn are:

1. What will a SE think of this?

2. On a search for andalucia accommodation on MSN I'm 16th yet this is for ainsworth and not casaelbosque - Is this the design or other?

3. Do I run a risk of SE saying these 2 sites are the same and being down graded or even worse?

Any other comments welcome.

Thanks.

Ian

ian_ok, Nov 11, 2004 IP
  2. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    1. What will a SE think of this?: The same as you do - Same Site

2. Depends on the SE mechanism but normally only one of these duplicate pages will show

3. Do I run a risk? Of course - you are already being "seen" - one site will work one won't.... but more....if Google gets the idea that this is purposeful...or someone tells them...it is goodnight nurse - you do not have to do much to make each site work as an individual site

Foxy, Nov 11, 2004 IP
  3. ian_ok

ian_ok Peon

Best Answers:
    Foxy you say.....you do not have to do much to make each site work as an individual site

Meaning what???

Total re-design of ainsworth with full info of casaelbsoque BUT different or something else?

ian_ok, Nov 11, 2004 IP
  4. Foxy

Best Answers:
    Here is casaelb...
    and here is ainsworth...
    Looks the same to me!!!!!!....but more you should rewrite/redistribute the text and others to make it different...totally...you should be on a different IP address as well.

Foxy, Nov 11, 2004 IP
  5. johncr

johncr Peon

Best Answers:
    Both sites are the same, one with PR=1 and the other PR=0. Do not expect a PR improve. I suggest you redesign one of them or translate it to Spanish to make it different.

johncr, Nov 11, 2004 IP
  6. Foxy

Best Answers:
    The PR is unimportant, irrelevant .... what this is is duplicate content...so if you do as is suggested by translating you might assist the page, however there is nothing that I have ever seen that can categorically state that Google does not translate [or attempt to do so] sites about other countries and then do a comparison against other pages. [Sounds too complicated? Probably]

To be totally sure I would just change the page/s [and then translate and place them back on the same sites, if that is something you would want to do.] :)

Foxy, Nov 11, 2004 IP
  7. johncr

johncr Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes your are right Foxy regarding the PR importance. What I tried to suggest is to translate the PR=0 site into Spanish using different decoration and leaving the other as is. I failed to disclose the idea in the right way.

johncr, Nov 11, 2004 IP
  8. ian_ok

ian_ok Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that everyone.

One final question:
    Which option is best I will keep Casaelbosque as the main site and so either....

Option 1.
    Change the ainsworth page as mentioned above BUT is it still fine to have it as one page and then link though to casaelbosque?

Option 2.
    Add most of content from casaelbosque (but very much changed content) onto ainsworth.

Ian

ian_ok, Nov 13, 2004 IP