1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

One or multiple accounts for Adsense?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Alcalo, Mar 21, 2013.

I have read in some threads that one could have several blogs/websites linked to a single Adsense account. (I assume that this adds speed for the earnings and keeps everything consolidated)

That sounds very practical but... If I have, lets say, 20 linked websites and 1 or 2 get banned for whatever reason... Does that affect the entire account and the other 18 "good" sites? Or you just stop earning for those 2 "bad" sites?

Last question: Can I have multiple sites linked if they're targetting different countries and/or languages?

Alcalo, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  2. pkarnwal

pkarnwal Member

Best Answers:
    if you want more and more money from adsence increase no. of websites or blogs. you do not run multiple a/c. it is illegal. google will ban you

pkarnwal, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  3. Alcalo

Alcalo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ok that's clear for me. I guess Google easily detects that by looking the IP or something like that but this also applies if I have sites that are targetting different countries/languages?

Another question: I have noticed that Adsense requires to set a currency and after that it can't be modified. Is it better to set it as USD or use my national currency?

Alcalo, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  4. HolyRoller

HolyRoller Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Probably better to use your national currency.

Also, if you have one site breaking the rules, they may not display adverts on that site, but it is possible that Google will ban/suspend your account. I know they do with Adwords accounts.

Always make sure your site is within their TOS before placing adverts on it, most sites are fine but there are a few obvious excepts. If it doubt, check.

HolyRoller, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  5. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well the think is, like me when they ban your account you will never know which site triggered the banning.

As for currency, I guess it's best in your local currency so that google earns the money for currency exchange rather than your bank earning a lot of fees for foreign currency and currency exchange..
    Or if you want to support your local economy then I guess stay in dollars so that your bank earn money, but I think you'll get less than if you let google do the currency exchange.

JamesColin, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  6. Alcalo

Alcalo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks HollyRoller and JamesCollin! So, you're saying that if one of my sites is considered "bad" by Google, all the other ones will pay the price? I think that's very unfair! :mad: But I guess that the house (Google) always wins...

Alcalo, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  7. coreyman

coreyman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Don't try to create another google adsense account either. This is against the adsense terms of service and will get you permanently banned on all of your accounts.

DO NOT mess up your first time around with adsense because you may not have a second chance at all like me..... I ruined my chances 3 or 4 years ago. Get familiar with the terms and do not violate anything.

coreyman, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  8. HolyRoller

Best Answers:
    You can often contact them and appeal and in some cases they might allow you to correct the issue, but as JamesColin also states, sometimes they don't give you enough information about which site it was.

Unfair, perhaps, but unfortunately with anything like this the site paying you sets up the rules :-(

9. coreyman

Best Answers:

It's not unfair, I'm sure they get tons of people trying to circumvent everything and they just got fed up with it and have a 0 tolerance policy because of it. Their stance is that you need to just keep an eye on your account and if you notice anything happening with your account that seems weird to report it to them.

10. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    one site violating the rules and if you get lucky, only this site will be banned from displaying adsense. But if you're not lucky it can lead to the whole account ban and in this case you will not know which site trigerred the ban.
    So yes, don't mess it up, but honestly, me I had an account for 9 years when I got banned, so you can imagine how well I knew all about the adsense tos..
    It didn't prevent them from banning my account (and keeping $11,000, one month and 3 weeks earnings) and then the appeal process is non-existent, once you get banned then you're left talking with a wall and by email..

11. HolyRoller

Best Answers:
    I got banned once, but luckily for me it wasn't my fault (click bombed) and they re-instated my account. Although took lengthy discussions and they didn't allow me to have any of the previous revenue earned (about $150).

Since then, as soon as I reach the payment threshold I get a payment, I don't put it on hold.

12. coreyman

Best Answers:

I felt the same way but I still messed up nonetheless. I can't believe you had a good standing account with them for 9 years and they were willing to just throw away your business. They could have made more than $11,000 off of you by keeping your account and working out the issues with you. I'm not sure who they hire for reviewing the appeal process but I wonder if they even review the case in any depth.

13. HolyRoller

Best Answers:
    Hence the 'perhaps', yes in some case its unfair, but so many people try to cheat the rules for an easy buck.

14. Alcalo

Alcalo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've seen that the "mexican" Adsense is waaaaay below the U.S. one. For example in the U.S. it is relatively easy that the average CPC for keywords is $1 and in Mexico it is the same $1 or $2 but PESOS (kinda 8 to 15 US cents!) and if I recieve 30-50% of that then my wonderful earning should be 3-4 US cents! :eek:

If I make websites for U.S. and therefore local Adsense is generated... do I receive the US rates (converted into pesos) rather than the mexican ones?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    Alcalo, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  15. coreyman

Best Answers:

I wish I could get back in, maybe I will send in another appeal now that I've waited several years. My chances are slim to none though.

16. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    About the currency, I don't know. I think letting google send you the amount in your local currency is fine. But if you prefer, then get them to pay you in dollars, you know if you are not going to use the money you can open an account in us dollars and put the check / wire transfert in this account, so there is no exchange rate until you decide to convert them into pesos at a later date, at your convenience.

I have documented my banning case on my forum, so I can say that I have been "dealing" with a monkey.
    Honestly if you were to read my forum thread (it's useless anyway) you would see the extend of the stupidity, like receiving irrelevant copied and pasted emails and on top of that badly pasted, like the introduction at the end..
    So I even made a picture about that, let me find it..
    [​IMG]

HolyRoller likes this.
  17. HolyRoller

Best Answers:
    I was lucky, it also happened to be the site I was using adsense on was a 'not for profit site' and the earnings (after paying for hosting costs), all were donated to charity. I appealed to their better nature, stating that I only used adsense to generate revenue and explained the sites purpose. Took a couple of months.

18. coreyman

Best Answers:

Can you please link me that thread? Nice image :)

19. coreyman

Best Answers:

Wow, couple of months? Appeal process is really simple I wonder why it took so long.

20. HolyRoller

Best Answers:
    This was a while ago, getting a reply use to each email use to take a few weeks lol