1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

One host or more?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by dawggone, May 24, 2005.

Do some of you host with more than one company?

I really like everything about my web host except there are occasional hiccups in server time. Price and service are important to me and the ability to host lots of domains is essential. The price is probably unbeatable for the amount of domains I host (I did pretty extensive searching at the time I moved here). The support has always been really great with help through several difficulties. And of course there is the not to be overlooked dread of moving several domains. I shudder at the thought.

But the occasional down times nag at me even though I have seen them at other servers as well. They don't last long (I've experienced longer other places) but they are annoying to me and I always wonder what they cost me.

So I have thought about moving some of my domains to a different host so everything wouldn't be down at once like things are right now. Do other people do this or is it actually more of a hassle than it's worth?

Just wondering!
    Deanna

dawggone, May 24, 2005 IP
  2. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    May be a good idea to check of you can get your hosting accounts of seperate servers. That would limit your risk...

ServerUnion, May 24, 2005 IP
  3. I. Brian

I. Brian Business consultant

Best Answers:
    I have accounts with nearly 40 hosting companies...

I. Brian, May 24, 2005 IP
  4. dawggone

dawggone Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, Brian. I hate to even ask how many domain names you have...

dawggone, May 24, 2005 IP
  5. ashiezai

ashiezai Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow .. i'll guessing 2 names with 1 company ..
    and that's 80 domain names :)

Or are some of them just back up website if the main site goes down ?

ashiezai, May 25, 2005 IP
  6. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    Build a relationship with a host. I know of a host that allows an SEO to split the accounts over 40 servers. Will cost you, but better to have one point of contact for support. Just make sure the strong business relationship is there.

ServerUnion, May 25, 2005 IP
  7. dawggone

dawggone Peon

Best Answers:
    That is definitely a good idea. I know my little brain couldn't handle a lot of web hosts. I had a brain freeze this morning and couldn't remember the name of the one that I have now...

dawggone, May 26, 2005 IP
  8. Voasi

Voasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is a very good idea to have multiple hosts for the reasons why you want to switch/transfer. Also, if you want to do a little cross-linking between sites, having them on various IP classes won't hurt either. ;)

Voasi, May 26, 2005 IP