1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

One Database As Oppose to 8 (Speed effected?)

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Al Capone, Sep 10, 2006.

Well, it's starting to get hard for me to manage my websites and I am trying to clean up. One of my websites is using 8 Databases (one for every script) and I was wondering if I combind all those databases into one would it slow down my site? Any input would be great.

Al Capone, Sep 10, 2006 IP
  2. ThomasNederman

ThomasNederman Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say it would not slow down your database. Normaly it is the amount of querys used per page and the numer of joins in each query that determin the speed.(and number of users using the site at the same time)

ThomasNederman, Sep 10, 2006 IP
  3. everypcneed

everypcneed Peon

Best Answers:
    If traffic to your site in addition to the number of queries made to the database(s) is not overly high you will not see an affect on speed.

One word of caution is to review the tables for each database to ensure there will not be duplicated tables for different databases which could cause issues in parsing the content for your site.

Rick

everypcneed, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  4. Al Capone

Al Capone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great advice guys, thank you very much, you clarified this issue for me 100% :) rep points to both of you.

Al Capone, Sep 11, 2006 IP