1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

On page SEO

Discussion in 'Google' started by renukarana112, Jul 5, 2012.

I have a link on a page pointing to the same page, having same URL. Will it effect SEO?

renukarana112, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  2. Forcit_Cample

Forcit_Cample Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Yes that would be a canonical issue. You need to take a help of 301 redirect.

Forcit_Cample, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  3. renukarana112

renukarana112 Peon

Best Answers:
    But, is it not that canonical issue occurs when 2 different URLs are pointing to the same page. In my case, the URL is same.

renukarana112, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  4. AddisonTorres3047

AddisonTorres3047 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don’t think search engines are stupid enough to rank you website higher because of such links. Anyway if there is any benefit of such links – it is nothing compared to out of site optimization.

AddisonTorres3047, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  5. hotel001

hotel001 Guest

Best Answers:
    I want to know more about on page in SEO. If anybody know something,please share in this forum

hotel001, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  6. sopnil

sopnil Peon

Best Answers:
    seo two type.1.on page optimization
    2.off page optimization
    submit your site in search engine like yahoo.google.

sopnil, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  7. SEO Magician

SEO Magician Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    On Page SEO refers to the things you do to design the structure and content of your website to be more appealing to search engines. The canonical method of good on-page SEO includes titling the page with your main keyword, leading with the main keyword phrase in the page, using heading tags around keyword phrases related to your main keyword, and including similes to your main keyword (called Latent Semantec Indexing) in the body of the page. Google is a computer, but if you imagine you were optimizing the page for human interspection, you'll not go far astray.

I hope this helps.

Jon

SEO Magician, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  8. DoesntMatter

DoesntMatter Active Member

Best Answers:
    It does not help you, but i Think it will not hit your website

DoesntMatter, Jul 7, 2012 IP
  9. henrywilliams

henrywilliams Peon

Best Answers:
    There is nothing to worry about this. It usually happens when we deal with link building.

henrywilliams, Jul 8, 2012 IP
  10. JulioFabiano

JulioFabiano Peon

Best Answers:
    This type of links are on same page i think don't worry about it you have to meet with your website SEO professional person. Who give you proper guidance for your matter.

JulioFabiano, Jul 10, 2012 IP
  11. abdul raheem

abdul raheem Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no idea about it OK thanks

abdul raheem, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  12. endlesslove

endlesslove Active Member

Best Answers:
    On Page SEO is optimising your own website for the search engines. For example, designing the website so that there is a good, clear menu structure. Giving your website an appropriate title. Keeping a consistent topic throughout your website. Not duplicating content, or copying it from a other site.

endlesslove, Jul 14, 2012 IP
  13. richardbvc

richardbvc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it does not any effect of seo anchor link pointing to same url.

richardbvc, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  14. wordpecker

wordpecker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This blog: http://infocera-infocera.blogspot.in/ is doing something what you want to say here.I am sure this is useful but not sure how long this is going to be a successful strategy.

wordpecker, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  15. rokfamer

rokfamer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Back in 2009 it was enough to put one or two articles on your page and floud it with backlinks, if you had exact match domain, the website guaranteed ranked on 1st page of Google. With Panda and Penguin update the one page SEO become very important.

Here is what you should do. Chose a buyer longtail main keyword with low or medium competition. Write and article appr. 800 words, keyword density has to be at least 3 %, you have to use your keyword in the title, H1 tag, in H2 tag and also in H3 tag. In the body the sentence has to start with your keyword. You have to bold one keyword, one make italic and one underlined. Then hyperlink one keyword to your homepage, also hyperlink one keyword to wikipedia (similar theme but not direct competition). You have to hide that hyperlink to wikipedia and make it nofollow. This will be your main article, so it has to be high quality.

Set up google friendly wordpress theme, use plugin All in One SEO and post your article. Don't forget to write tags and keywords (very important). Made this post as sticky. Then go to google and type in keyword suggestion tool. Then go to thee site called tools.seobook.com and write in your main keyword. You will get sugestions for other keywords. Each of this keywords will be the title of your article. Made the article as written above. Hyperlink your 1st tier keyword to your homepage and also use your main keyword and hyperlink it to your homepage (where your sticky post is).

Write an article for every keyword sugestion and post it in 24hour frequency each. Every time you post an article you should ping it with pingler.

When this is done,, go and build backlinks. Help your self with Fiverr.com. But don't buy 10000 backlinks in 3 days, instead buy rather package of 100 diversity backlinks, cause this would look more natural. Build backlinks on daily basis (edu, gov, forum, blog, etc, follow, nofollow,).

Hint: don't link people directly to your affiliate offer. Instead of that,, make a squeeze page (if external, make the hyperlink nofollow) and promised them a free gift (if you promise a free gift, you actually have to give it). If it'ss possible, make a double opt-in, in that case you will have more responsive list. After that you can direct them to your affiliate offer.

What I have told you now, it's not internet marketing. It is a real business. I have 50 sites like this, some sites bring me 15$ per month, some top sites even 500-700 hundred.

Remember, when you are choosing your main keyword, try to find low competition buyer keyword with more than 2000 exact monthly searches. Check competition with quotes. Check first three url's with backlink checker. Remember-if you type in your main keyword with quotes, it can be 100 000 000 results-but you are competing with jjust first three results. With low competition keywords you can be on page 1 of google in less than 10 days...

Best regards and lot of success

Rok

rokfamer, Jul 16, 2012 IP
  16. vishseo

vishseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi ,

You can divide on page into four section : 1. Keyword Analysis 2. Website Structure Analysis 3. Competitor's site Analysis 4. Content Optimization

So by doing these analysis you can get all of the major aspect which needed for seo .

I hope you are well aware with these points . Keyword play a important role for any website and keyword research is one of the major aspects to choose best and right keyword.

Then look out the structure of your website, all pages must be interlinked , moving to targeted page , keyword density and all .

vishseo, Jul 29, 2012 IP
  17. cheapsunglasses

cheapsunglasses Peon

Best Answers:
    skype ID is "jeewatram" i have better ideas for you..

cheapsunglasses, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  18. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    I know that it used to be a kick-ass black-hat SEO technique (sort of, passing on your wrong juice to the page it comes from).
    But I'm not sure if it still works. See what happens.
    By the way, this has nothing to do with canonicalization.

Kianu42, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  19. rubeljoy

rubeljoy Peon

Best Answers:
    This is internal links and it will not give any positive result for ranking. So, better not to spoil your time on that.

rubeljoy, Aug 7, 2012 IP
  20. bonzoi

bonzoi Peon

Best Answers:
    Some On Page Optimization Tips :

Site Structure Analysis
    Competitive and Exact Title Creation
    Meta Keywords Creation
    Meta Tag Optimization as per Keyword Research
    Perfect navigation as per theme
    Breadcrumb Optimization
    Checking Broken Link
    Creating Sitemaps (HTML, XML, ROR, Text Sitemap)
    Usage of Robot.txt in order assist crawler
    Robots.txt File Creation and validation
    Internal navigation
    Content Optimization as per Keyword Density, Proximity, Prominence
    301 redirect for canonicalization problem
    RSS Feed Creation
    URL Renaming and Rewriting .htacess code
    Content Negotiation and Modification
    Regular Updation of the sitemaps
    Create Custom Error 404 Page Optimization
    W3C Compliance: HTML/CSS Validation
    Heading Hierarchy ( 1H1, 2H2,4H3,8H4 ..)
    Image Optimization, Using Alt
    Google Analytics Account Set
    Create and Mange Google, Bing and Yahoo Webmaster Tool

bonzoi, Aug 7, 2012 IP